𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘆 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 )
❛ THEY'RE JUST GOOD PEOPLE ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗷𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟭𝟰, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

NOW IN MELBOURNE, evelyn had asked brian if she and melanie had time to slip away from the boys for a bit to go sightseeing, considering before this tour, the girls had never left the states. he agreed, for the trio had formed somewhat of a friendship.

     "we're heading out now." melanie announced to brian as he was surrouned by john, george, and ringo. "we should be back before the concert is over." brian nodded in acknowlegement and said goodbye as the young african american woman put her hand on the doorknob, evelyn close behind.

     "evelyn, wait!" paul ran out of the bathroom, stopping the girls in their tracks. the rest of the men were occupied, paying no attention to their bandmate who seemed out of breath from his small jog. "before you head out, i wanted to give you a gift."

     "a gift?" evelyn repeated in confusion. she couldn't think of a special occasion today that required gift-giving.

     "yeah! y'know, for putting up with us this long." he joked pulling a small, velvet black box from his back pocket.

     "i should get a nobel prize for that." she mumbled inaudibly as she took the box with much skepticism.

     "it's mostly from me — not that it matters." he folded in his hands behind his back in anxiousness as he and melanie watched the blonde cautiously open the box.

     what laid inside was a very valuable watch. tiffany & co to be exact.

     "i know how hard getting use to the jet lag and all can be, so i got you a new and improved watch to stay sharp." he explained. "oh, and melanie told me your birthstone was aquamarine so i knew i just had to buy it for ye — i mean 'we', as in the lads and i." he pointed to the blue jems on the straps of the watch.

     evelyn gawked at the beautiful accessory in her hand. it was feminine, posh, and absoulutely stunning. she always preferred silver to gold. the more she looked at it, the more she fell in love with it. was it possible that paul mccartney actually had taste?

     she quickly snapped out of her trance that the watch held on her. it was a symbol of paul's attempt at a friendship with her and she refused to accept it. she found him ill-mannered and childish, all the qualities she hated in a man.

     "thank you but no thank you." she finally spoke, holding out the watch for him to take back.

    "what do you mean 'no thank you'?" he asked with a half-laugh and furrowed brows.