13

"Welcome home kiddos!" Patton smiled, opening the apartment door and letting the two nekos in.

"Thanks Dad!" Virgil ran in and flopped on the couch, "finally! Comfortable furniture!"

Patton laughed and Thomas stood awkwardly, trying to take in his new surroundings.

"Well kiddos, are you hungry?" Patton asked, making his way to the kitchen, "I can make anything you want cause Lo's not here to tell me no!"

Thomas chuckled, "I'm fine with anything."

"Can we have tuna melts!?" Virgil asked, sitting up quickly.

"Coming right up!" Patton giggled.

Thomas went to sit by Virgil, "what are tuna melts?"

"Its tuna on toast with cheese and it's so good!" Virgil smiled.

"And later I'll take you both out for ice cream." Patton smiled.

"Ice cream?" Thomas tilted his head.

Pattons face went serious, "you know what? Let's get ice cream now."

"What about tuna melts?" Thomas asked.

"We can have those later, ice cream is way better!" Virgil said, his tail flicking excitedly.

"Oh, okay!" Thomas smiled, getting his hopes up.

"Alright you two! Let's go!" Patton giggled, leading them out to the car.

The ride to the ice cream shop was short and filled with laughter. Virgil kept insisting that mint moose tracks was the best ice cream.

"Alright kiddos, were here!" Patton said, parking the car.

"Yes!" Virgil yelled, jumping out of the car.

Thomas laughed, following the other neko into the ice cream shop. He got a specialty nutella flavored ice cream. Virgil was excited about his ice cream, not bothering to chat as he ate.

When the nekos and Patton got home, they were greeted with a less than happy Logan and a frantic Roman.

"You gave them ice cream! Before dinner!" Logan scolded Patton.

"Thomas hadn't had ice cream before!" Patton defended himself.

"I thought you were kidnapped again!" Roman sobbed, hugging Thomas and Virgil.

"Ro! We need to breathe!" Virgil gasped, trying to struggle out of his grasp.

"Sorry, sorry." Roman released them.

"Now," Logan crossed his arms, "you two are going to eat a proper meal and get your health back."

"Yes mum." Virgil mumbled, going to help Patton with lunch.

"Alright Thomas, do you want to binge Disney with me?" Roman asked.

Thomas nodded excitedly, "yeah!"

"Let's go!" Roman dragged him over to the couch.

Thomas laughed. This was nice.