9

T.W.: kidnapping

Virgil was home alone with Remus after they were both grounded for sneaking out.

"I was careful while driving!" Remus defended himself, to which Patton said he was still grounded.

Currently, the two were trying to make pizza for lunch.

"No! Ree! The recipe calls for a teaspoon of yeast! Not a table spoon!" Virgil yelled right before Remus dumped in the yeast.

"Whoops!" Remus chuckled, taking out the right amount.

Virgil laughed before jumping up to sit on the counter, "did you and Janus ever make pizza together?"

Remus nodded, "all the time! He usually did the measuring and I did the toppings."

"What's the most disgusting thing you've put on pizza?" Virgil asked.

"Well once I tried putting deodorant on it, but Jan stopped me." Remus pouted.

"Why would you do that?" Virgil gave him a weird look.

"It wasnt actually deodorant! It was marshmallow fondant." Remus pouted, "and it would have been delicious."

Virgil laughed, "something sweet on something savory? That sounds so gross!"

"Says the one who likes pineapple on pizza!" Remus countered.

"Pineapple isnt pure sugar!" Virgil argued, "It can be in savory dishes! And it only belongs on some pizza!"

"Pineapple should only be on desserts!" Remus huffed.

"Says the one who put pure sugar on pizza!" Virgil crossed his arms.

"I-!" Remus started, "yeah, you're right."

"Ha!" Virgil laughed.

"Well the yeast water is ready to be made into dough!" Remus said, grabbing the rest of the ingredients.

"Can I mix it!?" Virgil asked, jumping off the counter.

"Sure kid!" Remus set the bowl in front of him.

Virgil dug his hands onto the dough mixture and wrinkled his nose, "it's so sticky."

"That's not the only thing that's sticky-" Remus laughed as Virgil flicked dough at him.

The two had gotten the dough completely ready when they realized that they left the sauce in the car.

"I'll get it Uncle Ree." Virgil said, starting to wash the extra dough off his hands.

"No." Remus told him, "you stay here. I dont want a repeat of last time."

Virgil's ears drooped, "oh... yeah."

"Hey." Remus gave him a smile, "I'll be right back. I promise."

Virgil nodded. Remus patted his shoulder before leaving out the front door.

The kitchen went quiet as their playlist ended. Virgil jumped, his fur standing on end as a noise came from outside. He looked out the window to see Remus getting up and cursing to himself.

Virgil chuckled, his fur going back to normal. He was about to turn around when someone placed a bag over his head.

"REMUS!" Virgil shrieked, striking out with his claws.

Virgil felt his claws catch on someone.

"Goddamn cat!" The person said, "get the narcotic!"

Virgil started breathing heavily as he was lifted into the air. He felt a prick on the side of his neck and quickly slipped into unconsciousness.

(Remus' POV)

Remus had just gotten the sauce when he heard Virgil screaming. He ran back inside just in time to see a black tail slip out the back window.

"Virgil!" Remus yelled, jumping out the window after them.

"Shit!" The man carrying Virgil said, tossing Virgil into the back of a van.

"Give him back you bastard!" Remus tried to open the van, but it was locked.

The tires of the van screeched away, nearly hitting Remus in it escape.

"Damn it!" Remus screamed, picking himself up, "Fuck!"

Remus collapsed on the sidewalk, sobbing onto his hands. It was his fault. First Janus, now Virgil? And he couldn't do anything.

"Remus? What are you doing?" Roman walked up to his twin.

"They broke in." Remus sobbed, "I couldn't get to him in time."

"What are you talking about?" Roman said, looking around, "wait... where's Virgil?"

"I'm sorry." Remus whispered, "I couldn't stop them. I'm sorry."

"Remus, what are you talking about." Roman demanded.

Remus looked up at Roman with pain in his eyes, "Augustus took Virgil."