Chapter 33- Topper

Start from the beginning

"Yeah"

"I mean I would do the same thing for Belle" Belle was his sisters name.  In the past few hours I found out a lot about Topper. He was nice and geniune, he reminded me a lot of John b. He just surronded himself witht the wrong people. 

We sit there for a few minutes and I start to think about how John b will never be to my wedding, or meet his niece or nephew. Tears slip down my cheek as I look to his grave. Topper notices and brings me into a hug. Sobs escape my lips despite me trying to hold them in.

"i'm sorry" I sniffle out.

"Hey no, it's fine. Really Maddi" Topper gives me a geniune smile. He stands up and reaches out his hand to help me up.

"Thanks" I mutter standing up and dusting off my clothes.

"you aren't so bad for a kook" I joke lightly punching his shoulder.

"You aren't so bad for a Pogue" He jokes back as we walk to the parking lot.

"Where did you park?" I ask seeing no other car besides mine in the parking lot.

"Oh I walked" Topper shrugs.

"You walked all the way from figure 8" my jaw drops. Figure 8 is a 30 minute drive from here at least. Walking would take hours.

"Yeah" Topper says casually.

"Let me drive you home" I say pointing towards the car.

"No thats way to far, besides I don't have a key and I don't want to wake up my parents, I was just gonna sleep on the beach or something" 

"You can stay at the chatuea" I suggest.

"What? Are you sure?" Topper asks.

"Yeah aslong as you aren't going to murder me or something" I joke, he rolls his eyes with a grin and gets into the car. We drive back to the chatuea. I let him sleep in my room and I go to John b's room. I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow.

JJ's Pov-

"So she dumped you" Kie asks. Me and Pope were at a table at the wreck. Kie was wasking down some tables as we talked.

"Yep" I mutter taking a sip of my water.

"Harsh man" Pope says.

"It's probably just her way of coping , you know?" Kie puts a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

"I mean her brother went missing 11 days ago" Pope throws out there. A certian sting hit me. Not physical but in the heart.

"We lost him too! He was my best friend!" I semi shout standing up.

"I-we know JJ, but he was her twin" Kie speaks softly.

"And her only family she has left" Pope continues.

"Sh*t" I drag my hand down my face before walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Kie looks towards me.

"To talk to Maddi." 

I walk to the Chatuea. I'll just tell her I love her and I understand. We'll be okay. We'll make it through this. I try to convience myself as I turn into the dirt path where the twinkie was parked. I walk up to her house to see the screen door open. I moved behind some trees where she couldn't see me. Bending my neck I focused on what she was doing. 

She was Smiling?  behind her walked out Topper. What is he doing here? Did she sleep with him? We just broke up and she's already moving on?  They walk over to the twinkie. Maddi drives and Topper gets in the passenger seat. She backs up the car and drives off. What the hell just happened?