Chapter 29- I'll be back

Start from the beginning

"She's all ready to go" JJ pats the boat.

"Wheres sara?" John b looks around with a confused expression.

"She's not with you?" I ask him. He shakes his head no. 

"I'm sorry man but we don't have time" JJ sighs, a tear slides onto my face which JJ senses and turns so we're facing eachother.

"JJ-" I sniffle.

"It's okay, it's going to be okay" He says wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you so much" More tears slip my eyes as I reach my hand to his cheek lighty rubbing it.

"I know, I love you too. I'll be here when you come back" I grab him tighter as he finishes his sentence. We pull apart reluctantly. I walk over to John b who was standing near the boat. I put my arms on the side ready to climb in.

"You can't come Maddi" John b says. We all look at him shocked.

"What do you-" I ask.

"You have to stay here" He softly smiles at me.

"But what about you?"

"I'll be okay, someone needs to hold the fort down here" He chuckles. I quickly hug him as tears stain my cheeks.

"I don't want to leave you" I cry into his shoulder.

"I'll be back, you could never get rid of me that easily" I laugh at him comment before looking at him.

"Here" I say taking off my locket. It has a picture on one sides of all of us. The pogues. And on the other side is John b, dad and I. I place the necklace in his open hand. Once the necklace is in his hands I close his finger and put his hand in mine.

"So we'll always be with you" I say. He nods before hugging me once again.

"I love you little sis" A small chuckle escaps my lips.

"Only by a few minutes" I sniffle "I love you too"

John b climbs onto the boat with the locket in his hands. JJ comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my neck laying his head on my shoulder. I grab his arms leaning into him. 

"We'll see you in mexico in two months" JJ tells him tearing up aswell as the rest of us. I was already crying but a new batch of tears formed.

"Yeah" Pope agrees.

"Okay, I'm sorry for throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing" John b lets a couple tears slip down his cheek.

"Hey man, We were bound to go off a cliff at some point" JJ smiles as he hugs me tigher. I reach my hand out to hold Kies and JJ wraps one of his arms around Pope.

"Atleast we did it together, Pogue style" I give John b a reasuring smile.

"I'll see you guys soon" John b says going over to the steering wheel and starting up the boat. 

"I'll see you soon Johnny" We all wave him off as he pulls away. Pope and Kie walk away from us having a conversation.

"How you doing?" JJ asks me holding my hand.

"I'm with you, so I think I'll be okay" I wipe the tears from my red puffy cheeks.

"We'll  get through this together" JJ smiles wiping a couple more tears from my face. I pull him in for a kiss.

"Woah that's new" JJ gestures to Kie and Pope who are kissing.

"It's about time" I chuckle.

"Wait you knew?" He asks with a smile.

"Of course I knew he's liked her forever. It's totally obvious" I saracstally scoff.

"Well you didn't know about me Liking you" JJ fires back.

"Hey" I point at him "You're just really good at hiding your emotions"

"I guess you're right" We both laugh as he throws a arm over my shoulder.

"Okay love birds we need to go" I laugh. They shoot apart and we all laugh together.

"Sh*t" I mutter as two police cars block off the exit.

"Other way! Go!" JJ grabs my hand but the police exit the car with guns. We raise our hands above our heads.

"He got away" Deputy shoupe tells his radio.

"Where is he? This isn't a game anymore this is real"  Shoupe says to us.

" We know that" I say through my teeth.

"JJ, see you're living up to your name" Shoupe says. I glare at him holding JJ's hand tighter.  "Kie Pope this is serious. And Maddi, I get he's your brother but he did some bad things." Shoupe looks at all of us.

"He didn't do sh*t" I mutter under my breath.

"It's going to be okay" JJ whispers down to me. I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or Himself, Maybe both. I take a deep breath and climb in the back of the police car.

I may have cried writing this chapter. Anyway hope you enjoyed, Make sure to vote, comment and add to your lists!