The 88. Disastrous Day

Start from the beginning

Midoriya sat on the side with a complex expression, wondering if he did the right thing.

"Oh, Bakugou, you're back!"

Kirishima was the first who discovered Bakugou who came back alone, greeted him casually and threw a card out happily.

"My turn!!!"

Bakugou walked in with a cold face and went straight to the corner where Todoroki was sitting and quietly reading.

The handsome boy was not affected by the noise in this room while sitting alone in a corner, as if immersed in his own world, out of tune with the surroundings, but somehow also perfectly integrated.

Bakugou's eyes stared at him, the corners of his mouth moved and turned into an unpleasant arc.

"Do you know where four-eyes is?"

He went straight to the point.

Todoroki paused his hand that was about to turn a page and turned his head slightly: "He went out."

His voice is very calm, as if not aware of the aggressiveness of the other person.

His inexplicable anger calmed down a bit, Bakugou lifted his chin, finally able to speak properly: "...Where did he go so late at night?"

Without looking up, Todoroki answered.

"I don't know, you can go find him yourself."

"..."

Although he was annoyed that he didn't get the answer he wanted, Bakugou coulf see that Todoroki really didn't know where Saiki was.

After a pause, he reluctantly said, "...Thanks."

This one word was more powerful than all the previous questions.

Todoroko finally raised his head and looked at the classmate in front of his eyes: "...So someone like you can also thank someone, huh."

Suddenly, the corners of his mouth twitched fiercely, if such a provocative words were told to the Bakugou from before, he would have already punched him.

[——What the hell do you mean by that?!!]

Taking a deep breath to calm himself down a little bit, he turned his head and walked away, afraid he might beat up the person in front of him if he stayed for another second.

"?"

Not quite understanding why Bakugou suddenly looked like he was going to kill someone, Tororoki blinked.

——He just casually said what he thought...

...

After walking out of the hot spring Saiki said goodbye to Todoroki and walked off alone.

Their training camp was in an unknown mountain ditch surrounded by a forest.

This kind of place where there is no one else near him was always particularly relaxing—of course, his classmates didn't count.

Saiki, who was always surrounded by noisy thoughts, was almost so used to it, now he could even selectively ignore some peoples' strange thoughts.

[But I should occasionally be by myself for a while.]

Sitting at the place where they had dinner in the afternoon, Saiki was lying on the table with his head. If he didn't listen to the cheers and screams of everyone in the house, it was actually quite comfortable.

"...I was wondering where you would be, turns out you're here."

A familiar boy's hoarse voice sounded behind Saiki.