Oliver Carlson is up for the biggest surprise in his life. He is the one who gave me the idea, so it's all thanks to him.

Oliver receives the call and groans right after, “What did I tell you?”

“You told me to go on a midnight adventure. So here I am, in front of your house. Come down,” I say tapping my foot.

I am so excited I can’t hide it. It’s in my voice.

Oliver curses, mumbles some profanities, and says, “No, I didn’t.”

“Yes, you did. All thanks to you. Now, will you come down or not? Or, I’ll have my midnight adventure alone, and who knows what will happen to me in the dark of the night. Then you’ll be all guilty because-”

“Shut up, I am on my way,” Oliver says and I hear some shuffles on the other side.

I can barely stand straight. I shift my weight from one foot to the other and sway in place. Soon the front door opens and a figure walks out. His steps are quick as he reaches the front gate and opens it, coming towards me.

Oliver Carlson in a gray hoodie and jeans, his brows knitted together and his mouth set into a frown. He is annoyed like he always is. I smile brightly.

“What a shame, you’re not in your boxers,” I say.

Oliver gives me a look. “What are you here for? Are you crazy?”

“Like you said, yes I am crazy. But this has nothing to do with that. It was your idea and I am just following through. So, Oliver Carlson, ready for our little adventure?” I ask.

Oliver takes a step forward towards me. He places both of his hands in my shoulder. I look up and meet his eyes. His blonde hair is sticking out from his hoodie and even though he is frowning and everything, he looks cute.

I bite my lips so I don’t laugh out loud.

Oliver has other ideas. He shakes me like a salt shaker, “What is wrong with you?”

What is wrong with me? What is wrong with me? I ask myself the same question every day, every night. But tonight is not the time for this. Tonight I am going to have fun.

“Everything,” I answer. Sliding his hands down from my shoulders, I wrap my fingers around his and take a step backward.

“Let’s go Oliver. Life is short and you only get to live once. It’s not everyday you’ll have a girl waiting outside your house, calling you out for a night-long adventure. Things like this happen only once. So, take your chance,” I reason.

Oliver stares at me for a few seconds, then shakes his head, “I am going to regret this.”

I turn around and let go of one of his hands. Keeping the other firmly attached to one of mine, I pull him forward with me, “I will make sure you don’t. ”

I walk forward while taking hold of Oliver’s hand firmly. Because who knows? if I don’t hold his hand, he might turn around and run for his life. 

“So, what are we gonna do?” I ask, “First off, I think I want to break into our school, then maybe a few houses. How about our teachers’? Hmm, then we can go to the park, visit a restaurant because I feel hungry, oh! and don’t forget about the lake. I’m planning to take a swim,” I finish, and my body jerks back. I collide with Oliver.