Chapter 28- It's go time

Start from the beginning

"I'm scared" I admit after we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"What about?" JJ asked grabbing my hand. I sat up and looked at him.

"Everything" I sigh "I'm scared for John b, I'm scared about leaving and I'm terrified to leave you"

"Everythings going to be okay" JJ smiles looking into my eyes.

"How do you know that?" I ask tears slipping down my face.

"I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you" JJ kisses me and wraps an arm around me. We look out at the water as the moons light reflects off of it. After a little while we go inside and I finally fall asleep. 

After a restless night in an uncomfortable booth I wake up and stretch letting out a groan. Sun was shining through the windows of the restruant. I roll my neck around trying to get out the crook that formed overnight. Police sirens start blaring getting closer to the restruant.

"Sh*t" I mutter running over to the window, everyone else following close behind. We watch as police cars drive by the wreck.

"Do you think they found him?" I ask walking away from the window.

"No they wouldn't be patrolling if they got him" JJ reasures me.

"We helped John b plus Maddi's his sister, they're probably looking for us too" Kie tells us , my heart rate quickens at the thought of my brother in jail. 

"It's going to be okay" JJ gives me a quick kiss. Suddenly Pope leaves the restruant. We all look at eachother before following him outside.

"Pope, Pope!" Kie shouts as Pope hops on JJ's dirtbike.

"I'm going to get gas for the boat, i'll meet you at the phantom" Pope says to us ignoring Kie.

"Pope please talk to-" Kie is cut off by Pope reving the engine.

"Sorry did you say something" Pope asks. My jaw drops at Popes behavour. JJ shares the same look as me.

"I said-" Kie is cut off again by the engine reving.

"Pope will you just-" Pope drives off leaving Kie behind.

"What was that about?" JJ asks.

"I have no idea" I click my tongue looking to kie with apolgetic eyes. We all head inside and pull out a couple boxes. Me and Kie sit behind the counter handing foods to JJ as he puts them in the box.

"You sure it wasn't just Pope being weird" JJ asks. Kie explained to us what happened. I've known Pope liked Kie for a while, I've always wanted them together. Pope must've been heartbroken.

"No I think I really hurt his feeling." Kie sighs handing JJ more food.

"Do you think this is enough for you all?" Kie asks gesturing towards the boxes. I look up at JJ. The thought of leaving makes me want to cry. JJ's eyes looked sad mirroring mine.

"Yeah"  I nod and grab a box. We start to load up Kie's car. JJ put's the other box in the trunk.

"Kie ,Omg Kie" Kie's mom approaches us "Where have you been"

"It's fine, I've been here" Kie shrugs off her mom who looks up to us. Her moms eyes harden when she sees me.

"What are you doing with Her " Her mom seethed making me flinch at her words. JJ places his hand on my lower back and guided me towards the door. I climbed in and continued to listen to their conversation.

"Her brother killed someone" 

"No He didn't mom, John B is innocent" 

"Kie! No! Please come back!" Her mom begs as Kie gets into the car.

"i'm sorry, I'm sorry mom. My friends need me" Kie pleads before shutting the door and driving.

"you okay Kie?" I ask she just nods and looks at me in the rearview mirror.

"I'm sorry for what she said. She just doesn't know the truth" Kie explains. I give her a soft smile but I was still hurt. Kie's mom was the closest thing i've had to a mother figure. The way she looked at me a few minutes ago made me feel like I was trash beneath her feet. I get jolted out of my thoughts when we pull up to JJ's house.

"Home sweet home" JJ sighed looking at the old house.

"JJ, please let me come with you. I don't want you to be alone" I plead to him.

"Don't worry baby, I'll be fine" He smiles back at me "Give me a few mintues. I'll be back" And with that JJ left the car and walked into his house.

"So you and Pope?" I ask with a smirk trying to distract myself from what could be happening to JJ.

"I don't know" Kie sighs. "I mean he's one of my best friends, but"

"Listen- I know you might not have had feeling for him for long but that boy has liked you since 8th grade" I tell her with a smirk. The corners of her mouth turn up into a smile as she looks at me. She likes him

"Really?" She asks and I just simply nod. Soon enough JJ walks out of his house tears staining his face. Instead of getting in the front he gets in the back with me and pulls me in for a hug.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I ask exaiming him for any new marks or cuts.

"No, No i'm good. I got the keys" JJ says with a smirk holding up the Keys to the Phantom.

Its go time.