Coffee shop romance

Nya's POV:

"So... how'd it go with my brother last night?" I asked Skylor.
"Oh, amazing! He's such a gentleman and is surprisingly attractive." She said
"I don't understand you two. Why would you waste your time trying to continuously impress the opposite gender just so you could say 'I have a boyfriend'." Pixal said
"Sheesh Pix I thought you were supposed to be the android that is closest to human." Skylor joked
"To me, the premise of dating is one that I do not wish to concern myself with."

I walked with the two girls to a nearby café.
"What's this place? I've never been here before." Skylor said
"It's new. I thought that since you and Kai got on so well last night... you would want to meet him again today and maybe go on another date with him?" I suggested.
"Wait. He works here?" She asked. I nodded. "I-I'd love to go on another date with him..."
"Great. Let's go in." I said

Kai's POV:

I looked up as I heard the door open. I was pleased to see Skylor, Nya and their friend Pixal.

"Hey Sky!" I said running up to her and hugging her.
"Hey Kai." She smiled, hugging me back. "This is Pixal."
"Hello." She said
"And I assume you've met Nya."
"Hi stranger." I said to Nya, who punched me hardly in the arm. "Ouch! That hurt!"
"Oh grow up." She said.

I turned to face Skylor. "So, my shift just ended.. would you want to maybe go see a movie?"
"Sure! Sounds great."

No POV:

"Kai!! Your shift is NOT over. You still have another two hours left." Kai heard from behind him. He turned around and was unsurprised to see Zane there.
"Oh come on Zane! Can you please just cover my shift?"
Zane sighed. "Fine. But I can't keep doing this for you."
"Thanks Zane your the best. I owe you one." Kai said, walking towards the door with Skylor
"Okay... but this is the twelfth one you own me this month!" Zane said
"Haha... classic Zane." Kai laughed, leaving the Café.

Zane sighed. "Sorry about that. Take a seat and I'll be with you in a minute."

Nya and Pixal walked over to a table and waited. Out of the corner of her eyes, Pixal was watching Zane with a smiled and I light blush dusted on her cheeks.

"I think I'm going to have the chocolate cupcake. What about you Pixal?"
"Hmm? I'll.. have the same.." she said, not really paying attention to the question.

Nya was confused by this. Pixal had never wanted to try chocolate willingly and it's was almost impossible for her to eat a whole cupcake of it. Nya then noticed where Pixal's eyes were and more importantly, who they were on.

She smirked at her and Pixal eventually turned her direction back to Nya.
" 'Not wish to concern yourself with' hmmmmmm?????" She said with a smirk.
"W-what? I.. I don't know what your talking about." She blushed
"Oh come on Pix! How often are you gonna meet another droid?"
"Quite often actually. But the problem is that they are all the emotionless ones and every droid in Ninjago is built by my farther."
"Well, I saw him get angry at Kai so he certainly isn't emotionless." Nya said. "And since you can go through the systems of every droid built by your farther...."
"I already checked." Pixal sighed "he's not built by him!!" She grinned
"Awwwhhh!!!! You two would make such a cute couple!"
"Oh shut it Nya." Pixal giggled.

While Nya and Pixal had been talking, Zane was quietly admiring Pixal from a distance, blushing ever so slightly with a small smile on his face.

"So... I noticed that hot head left the building early again." An employee named Cole said, coming through.
"I said I'd cover his shift again." Zane said, mostly focusing on Pixal.

Cole looked at his friend with confusion.
"You okay Zane? You seem even more distant than usual."
"I'm fine..." Zane sighed.
"Your pouring tea into the sink instead of the teacup."
"Oh crap!" Zane said, snapping back to reality.
"It's not like you to get that lost in a daydream. So what's on your mind?" Cole asked
"Nothing!" Zane said, really quickly.
"Alright... if you say so." Cole said, not fully convinced.