Making New Friends (Chapter 12)

A/N: No notes, let's get it y'all.

-Start of Story-

-1700 hours-

-Troy's POV-

None of us can eat or talk without noticing the death glares from the girls, we can all tell it's making us very uncomfortable. We all play with our food, not knowing what to do, they're at our necks right now. Unfortunately for our sorry lives, Jack decided to step forward...What happens next is much to our dismay.

Jack: Sooooooooo uhhhhhhhhhhh, what are we doing now?

Taina: WE, are going back home. The entire plan was to not attract attention so we can have a simple and quiet vacation, but a couple of guys decided to throw our plan in the trash!

All of the guys groan in response.

Troy: We haven't even done anything yet, why can't we just stay and-

Taina: Zip it, Troy!

Troy: Sorry!

We all just sit still and say nothing for the rest of our time in the restaurant, until everybody finishes their food and the girls get up from their tables. 

Nienke: Alright boys, pack your things! We're going back to base now.

We all grumble and walk back to the hotel, reluctant on going back to base with no rest. We all get in the elevator and step out on our respective floors, and then I step out on the 6th floor and head to my room to pack my stuff. Taina walks into the room, folds her arms, and looks at me with a scowl.

Taina: Why did you clear that building without telling us!?

Troy: We were on vacation, you needed rest.

Taina: You needed rest too, why couldn't you let the police handle it, or other Rainbow Ops?

Troy: I'd rather pull the trigger on a terrorist than they pull the trigger on an innocent.

Taina goes silent and simply responds with a sigh.

Taina: Fine then, but...Just be careful next time, Troy. You're still healing from your wounds, you're lucky they didn't hit anything vital or important.

Troy: Well, you know me, my pot of gold never runs out.

I say with a hint of pride in my tone, obviously happy that my luck has saved me countless times, she crosses her arms and giggles.

Taina: What am I going to do with you?

Troy: Uh, I don't know, make sure I don't do ridiculous stunts on a daily basis?

Taina: You're right, that's what I should be doing with you.

I finish packing up my stuff and sit by the door with my phone out, waiting for Taina to pack her stuff.

-30 minutes later-

Taina walks towards me and opens the door to walk out, I follow her closely until we reach the elevator. She walks in the elevator and pushes a single button on the simple, yet complex pad of buttons. We slowly go down the elevator shaft and finally reach the lobby floor, the door opens and we walk out of the elevator with our bags in hand and phones in our pockets.

Receptionist: Can I help you?

Troy: Yep, we're checking out, Room 610, last name Whisper.

She begins to perform the necessary steps for checking Troy and Taina out.