Bombshell (Part 24)

A/N: No notes, let's get it. (Different style) (Art ain't mine obv.)

| Story Beginning |

Troy stared at it, looking over at IQ. "I-...I don't know," she said, tears coming to her eyes. There was an active nuke on the table, a count-down happening...8 Minutes on the clock. "How did they get this..." Zero's face scrunched up in frustration as he spoke, turning to the group. "Alright, pack it up everyone, we're going to try and get the hell out of here." Everybody hurried out the door, but Valak and I stayed. Zero looked at us and waved his hand to the door.

"We can't do that, sir," Valak said calmly, raising a sharp eyebrow. Zero's face tensed up in even more frustration, but Valak raised his hand and started up an explanation. "The bomb is a nuclear weapon, it's a clear day outside, it can do some harm around a 13-mile radius. You can take the team and get as far away from here as you can, sir." Valak nodded, the visor of his helmet was down, it was eerily similar to Jager just a different uniform and different colors. Darker grey and black colors that is. "And what about you two?" Zero began walking to the door, but he stopped at the doorpost to look at us and wait for an answer. I looked at Valak and he returned the look, he then pulled away and looked at Zero. "We'll try to defuse the bomb, and I pray you'll be far enough from the bomb," Valak had stated.

 Zero said nothing in response, he only nodded and ran through the tunnels behind the rest of the group to mobilize and get to the safest distance possible. Valak kneeled and opened up the bomb, keeping quiet. Wraith had already guessed what was running through his teammate's head, so before Valak could say anything, he kneeled and kept his gun on the door. "That's my boy," Valak chuckled, sweat running down his face. He kept his body calm, but he couldn't stop the stress that was slowly breaking his body. His bomb defusal kit was out, he began working away at the bomb. Wraith set a timer on his smart-watch, looking over at Valak. "Four minutes, mate," he said, looking back to the door. Valak did not respond, he only kept working away at the bomb. 

Wraith was extremely sure they had cleared the building of allies, he checked his watch again: 2 minutes on the clock. Valak looked over his shoulder and snipped twice with the wire-cutters, catching Wraith's attention. They exchanged a silent glare before Valak nodded, "been an honor, brother, I hate that this might be the first time we get back together in a year: the last time." "Keep it positive: cut the wire, there's only three left..." Valak nodded and turned, slowly reaching his wire cutters for one wire. Wraith dropped his gun, got on his knees, and closed his eyes. 

Snip...

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐦

"You should see your face right now," Sean grinned patting him on the back when he walked over. Troy sat up and pulled him in for a happy hug. "Bro, WHY'D YOU SAY ALL OF THAT!" Sean laughed, giving him the bro-hug back. "I just hadda mess with you, c'mon, you know I can't let the brother die on me," he tapped his earpiece that was connected to his helmet "Valak requesting evac; bomb has been diffused," Sean stated, Zero's voice crackled to life. "By God you did it, good work, evac will be there in ten minutes." Before they could even step out the door, they heard a number of footsteps down the hall. "How many minutes did they say they'll EVAC us?" Troy asked. "ten minutes," Sean responded before they both traded each other a look, quickly grabbing their weapons and moving to each side of the door. The footsteps were getting closer. Troy threw a drone down and peeked the corner: White Masks were in the hall, moving to the door. 

"Well, you know the drill, Sean," Troy nodded to Sean's flashbangs. Sean's smug aura brightened up as he took a flash and tossed it under the door. The flash went off and he kicked the door down, Troy close behind. They turned and fired down the hall at the White Masks, bringing them all down. They moved forward, Troy watching the front, Sean watching their 6 o'clock. They finally made it to the hatch and climbed up the later to the ground floor. "Alright, watch, Troy?" Sean asked him, Troy checked his watch. "four minutes, we better hold out, I hear more footsteps." They both raised their guns and moved up the stairs, gunning down each White Mask that came at them from whatever direction. They moved around each other in a rhythmic motion, covering any angle. They utilized years of training for this, and even more years of being friends so close they were brothers. "If only Christian was here to complete this circle," Sean chuckled as he kicked a door down. Troy tossed a flash, letting it go off before he entered, Sean put a hand on Troy's shoulder and pulled out his Glock as the moved forward. Troy kept his gun and eyes to the front, Sean kept them to the sides. 

Gunfire erupted as they moved through the room but quickly silenced as they finished it with the help of the flashbang effects. The final terrorist turned the corner, but in a quick motion, Sean tossed his knife in his neck. The terrorist dropped dead, not missing a beat with Troy turning his head towards Sean when he heard the thump of the dead body. "C'mon, that was impractical..." He smirked. "Well I was out of ammo, and besides, I hit what I wanted to hit didn't I?" Sean smirked back, though his helmet hid this from Troy, he knew both of his best friends like the back of his hand, and Sean was one of 'em. Troy flicked his mag out of his Vector and replaced it quickly in one smooth motion, moving towards the window and taking out his sniper and laying down on his stomach, and pulling out the bipod. He noticed a few trucks, commandeered and customized by White Masks. He scoped in, adjusting his aim and his breath, looking at the distance. Troy pulled the trigger, letting the bullet fly through the truck window, killing the driver and whoever was behind him. The truck crashed into another, causing a heavy collision.

"Still got it," Troy muttered to himself with a smug grin under his helmet, putting his sniper on his back and giving a thumbs up to Sean. "Rest of the trucks are downstairs, they made it, we rappel down?" "Oh yeah," Sean kicked the glass down, tossed his rappel hook up, and jumped out the window, followed by Troy who did the same. They both used the momentum of their jump to fly right back to the wall, placing their feet on the wall and sliding down. They put their rappel gear back, pulling the hook down, and moving further through the backyard. A missed gunshot was heard and they both ducked for cover, LMG fire making sure they stay there. A shout was heard and a thunk. Sean tossed a drone out and Troy covered him, but couldn't help but look at Sean's phone. "What-" he said in disbelief: the White Mask was dead...Sean put the phone down and they both moved to the final White Mask truck, abandoned. Or so they thought, as a smaller figure sat at the driver's wheel, a black mask with white stripes going down it.

They opened the doors and patted the seats. "Well, Troy? Hop in," the voice was female, but Troy frowned immediately. The voice was off to him immediately: it was Brazilian!

"Taina..." Troy growled low, but stepped in the truck anyway, followed by Sean. They drove off to meet Rainbow, unbeknownst to the two: she was their inside man after all.

| Story End |

A/N: Imma keep it a John F Kennedy with y'all (100,000 dollar bill president: Imma keep it 100,000 wit y'all.) I can't even make promises anymore, I disappeared like a Youtuber. But here's that chapter I've been holding out on for so long, I wouldn't have even posted it if I noticed that the story was *still* catching readers, you guys are great, I'm dead serious...Like I hop on my account every once in a while, no spark to write, and I just notice that people add this story to their reading list still. Enjoy this chapter though!

Continue to smile and chuckle,
Angie (Exaltz for my OG homies out there.)