Awkward Tension (Part 25)

A/N: ...Life hit me so hard I can't even say nothing to explain why I was gone for so long. We're going to give this another chance, I originally said this would be the last chapter but I'm extending it and just combining the first and second book concept into one. I started this in high-school, and I come back to this thing in college, Jesus Christ...If you join me in tying up some loose ends, even if I'm not the same person or writer I was two years ago, thank you for making my day. 

After two years of radio silence and going through changes for the better and the worse do I choose to say this.

Continue to Smile,
Exaltz

Author Note End

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who do you think you are...That you can just randomly show back up and say you were playing as a third eye after hurting me like that?" Troy folded his arms and stared on his left side directly at Taina. "...I know, I'm so sorry...Harry told me-he told me to not say a word to anyone. He didn't even allow me to tell you about this, as much as I wanted to tell you." Taina took a big inhale after her explanation, this hurt her as much as it hurt Troy. Troy leaned back in his seat and looked ahead; a drained frown plastered on his face.

Why was this even a conversation that he had to deal with? "I hope Harry's ready to have a coffee date with me while I pick his brain for answers...I had to train myself to hate you and to-" Troy interrupted himself with a sigh, massaging his temples with his left hand. "God, what is this hellhole I'm in...?" He had looked down at his shaking hands. Taina grabbed one of his hands. "Hey, I know what I did was wrong, and I don't blame you if I'm not viewed the same anymore in your eyes-" "Don't speak...Pull the car over, the others can wait...We need to talk." Troy interrupted her and stared down into her eyes. Taina looked away out of shame and put her foot on the brakes. They both hopped out of the car and took a walk together.

"...So, they're just going to forget about me and go blow their loads off in the woods...Alright, I see how it is." Sean leaned back and whipped out a Gameboy he just randomly kept on him. "WE'RE NOT DOING THAT." They both shouted at him before they left, making Sean jump out of reflex. "WHAT THE HELL Y'ALL IT WAS A JOKE!?!? Don't have to blast my ears off-" Sean leaned back into his seat and passed time with his Gameboy. Taina and Troy walked through the woods and sat down with each other in the first clearing.

Taina placed her hand on his thigh and rubbed it slowly. "Troy...I am so sorry that I did what I did, I betrayed your trust, and I betrayed your love...But you must remember that I was called to the field with full knowledge that I would have to make sacrifices if I needed to. I want to live in a world where the White Mask are merely a memory and people can live in peace, specifically you. I'll do that even if you end up hating me." She looked up at him with soft eyes, those eyes practically killed him.

 He rubbed his eyes "Man, pollen goes insane this season-" He sniffled and looked down at her, but she grabbed his hand with her other hand. "It's okay, you may not trust me as much as you did, but I'm still the same Taina you knew before if you need to-" Taina was interrupted by Troy burying his face against her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I could barely take it, I'm sorry that I acted cold to you-"

Troy's voice was shaky, so Taina caressed his hair and whispered. "It'll be okay, I'll be here for you as long as you need..." She kissed his forehead and held him close. Troy corrected himself, he needed this moment. "We...We should head out. We can't give Sean any bright ideas." Troy let out a chuckle and stood up, offering his hand to Taina. Taina took his hand and pulled herself up, she let go of his hand and they both walked back to the truck.

Troy hopped into the driver seat and Taina hopped into the passenger seat. Sean looked up and eyed us both, "No funny business, right?" Sean had stared intently at Troy. "Not until we get back, we have some more talking to d-OW MY GOD, TAINA THAT HURT!" Troy held the back of his head from getting smacked. "Watch your tongue right now, that is the plan but don't say that out loud." She sighed out of mild frustration and shook her head. "My bad, won't happen again boss lady, damn-" 

Troy drove the trio back to the Rainbow Six HQ, Taina fell asleep in the passenger seat, and Sean stared out of the window just contemplating previous events.

| - Timeskip - |

Troy parked in the HQ's garage, and they all hopped out of the vehicle. Everyone didn't seem to be hostile to Taina, which means Harry had explained everything to them before the trio arrived. However, they did give unsure glances towards her. Taina was a different beast though; she was not fazed by their glances. Troy listened to the thuds of their footsteps, completely zoned out as they walked down the hall. He realized he only heard his footsteps and Taina's..."Wait, where the hell is Sean..." He looked around, realizing something.

 A grin crossed his face..."I forgot his girlfriend works here..." Taina, of course was automatically prone to listen to any type of gossip or social information she did not know about and turned around to raise an eyebrow at him. "Oh? Mind spilling the tea, sir?" She folded her arms, making Troy remembered who was the one usually beneath the other. In other words, Troy reminded himself how damn scary she was. 

"Sean has been dating Grace Nam for a while." Troy laughed a little, shaking his head at the fact he forgot that. Taina raised an eyebrow at this knowledge, surprised she didn't know that seeing as she and Grace were close. "Well, I suppose that takes care of that." She shook her head and opened the door to Harry's office (I would like to remind you that this is prior to Deimos killing Harry, that will be showcased later in the book).

 Harry was playing around with the knife on his desk, he was smiling until he saw the stare that Troy was giving him. "Please, sit down with me, the both of you. I know that we have a lot to discuss." Harry sat down at his desk, nodding for them both to follow. While Troy couldn't really control his negative emotions against Harry, he still had a fair amount of respect for him, so he sat down along with Taina. Harry pushed his glasses up and rested his arms on his desk. "I didn't know if your emotions would have compromised her position, that's why I didn't tell you, Troy." Harry poured a cup of tea and slid it across the desk towards him.

"No thank you, I'm good..." Troy slid it back and stared at Harry. "I'll-" He was interrupted by Asylum running in with a grenade. "HI GUYS, I'M PLAYING CATCH WANT TO JOIN!?" Asylum showed the grenade. "NO, ASYLUM, I THINK WE WILL PASS-" Harry waved his hands excitedly. "Okay, HEHEHEHEHE-" He scuttled out the room like a gremlin and there was an explosion outside the window. Harry facepalmed hard and sighed, "your friend is a complete handful." 

Troy snickered under his breath, "He's surprisingly wise once you get to know him. I suppose they're all back?" Harry raised both eyebrows and slowly turned to the side. "Yes, they're all back from their missions. I only wanted to tell you that I am sorry for not telling you about Taina's mission. I hope you all are able to recover properly." Harry only nodded to them, a hint of "regret" in his eyes. Troy and Taina both stood up, nodded to Harry, and walked out. 

"Look...I'm sorry that I-" Troy was interrupted and slammed against the wall by Taina, his lips were overtaken by Taina's. She had one hand on his waist and one hand holding the side of his neck gently, one leg raised against his side. They broke the kiss and looked at each other. "You can apologize by carrying me to the room and apologizing in a more acceptable way." Taina stared at him; a smile crossed her face. "You're the boss..." Troy picked her up and walked her to their room, closing the door behind him. The only thing that could be imagined, are things that cannot be said simplistically.

| - Story End - | 

Author's Note: Well, I cannot believe that I got the creative spark to write something again. I can confirm that I felt far more joy writing this then the last time I wrote this. I feel like I needed those years away to gain that spark again, and I certainly did. If you're reading this for the first time, welcome to my rebirth of an old project! If you've read this before and caught wind of me posting, welcome back, and thanks for giving me another chance.

Continue to Smile,
Exaltz.