Chapter 17

A/N: Here are 2 dresses + accessories and hairstyle that Meredith will wear in this chapter bc you know how the dresses in Descendants just seem to magically become shorter when it's time to dance? ;) HAHA anyway, I couldn't find many dresses that I liked in the colors of blue/green/turquoise, so I just edited the colors of dresses I found on Pinterest that I did like hehe 😅

In spite of what happened in the Auradon Prep Family Day, Evie kept her promise to Meredith and sent her the dress she custom-made for her for Ben's coronation. It was delivered in a white box with a ribbon by a first-year student, who came knocking on Meredith's door that morning. There was only a small card that read Meredith in Evie's handwriting on top and nothing else. She assumed that it was probably because things were still tense between Evie and her friends with every other Auradon student after yesterday's incidents. Meredith hoped they didn't think that all Auradon locals hated them the way Audrey and her grandmother publicly showed against Mal.

It took Meredith some time, but she knew by now that the villain kids weren't inherently evil, so she felt bad for what happened. They may have been raised differently, but deep inside, they were just like any other teenager who wanted to do grow and be better.

When Meredith finally unboxed her dress, she was in awe. She was never one to dress up much, but when she did, she never wanted to let her efforts go to waste. The dress Evie made for her went way beyond her expectations, and she could only hope that she'd do it justice when she finally wore it. The long gown was in a shade of teal and studded with jewels on the upper half. Everything from the waist down was made mostly from a tulle fabric and gave the entire ensemble such a majestic vibe. Evie was truly talented, and Meredith silently told herself that she would thank her in person for the dress soon.

As she brought the gown and placed it over her body in front of the full-length mirror in her room, Meredith suddenly wished that she listened to Ben earlier and gave Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos chance the moment they arrived. She could have befriended them sooner, but she took so long trying to stay away from them that it was only recently that she realized that they weren't had people.

But I already became friends with Carlos, didn't I? she wondered after a moment. From the little moments in between class when they'd catch one another doing homework, when she helped him with his tourney practice and when he helped her with the Family Day preparations, when they were playing around with Dude... there was no questioning it. The same Meredith who, months ago, was repulsed at the idea of the Isle of the Lost kids going to school with her, had ended up befriending one of them. It was a small step, but it was a step nevertheless. Maybe, just maybe, she'd eventually become closer to the others, too, especially now that she truly believed that they were worth giving a chance to.

 Maybe, just maybe, she'd eventually become closer to the others, too, especially now that she truly believed that they were worth giving a chance to