Chapter 9 ✔️

Meredith entered her dorm quite early in the evening after her training with the cheerleading team — it was only six o'clock. Usually, their practices ended much later than that, but today, Audrey and a few other girls had an appointment at a beauty salon. According to them, it was a very high standard one, so they didn't want to miss it. If that was the case, Meredith didn't actually have to worry about being late to practice when she was out training Carlos with Ben because Audrey didn't even care about the team that day. She could've just skipped it.

And so, the sun was actually still up when Meredith finished her shower. She changed into sweats and a comfortable shirt, ready to relax in bed after finishing a little more of her homework, of course. She didn't like homework just like any other student, but she did have to do it to get high marks. She only liked actually learning something in class, not being given unnecessary papers to fill out. She didn't slack off, though, knowing she needed to put in the work either way.

When Meredith reentered the room after freshening up, she saw Jane right away. The girl looked as if she was about to leave, but that wasn't the first thing Meredith noticed when she walked out of the bathroom. It was her longer, much thicker and gorgeous new hair that showed off how pretty she actually looked.

"Whoa," the redhead said in awe, shutting the door behind her. Jane smiled, pleased with the reaction. "When did this happen?"

"Mal offered to do my hair!" Jane told Meredith excitedly.

"Mal? As in, Maleficent's daughter?"

"Yeah, her! She wanted to be friends with me and she's actually super cool! I was hanging out in hers and Evie's dorm earlier and I'm heading there again now. Want to come?"

Meredith's first thought was that Mal must've had a secret or hidden reason why she chose to be friends with Jane. But Meredith already told herself earlier that she wouldn't judge them, and after learning more about Carlos and a little about what life was like on the Isle of the Lost, she decided to try her best and look past her preconceived notions of them.

"Well, I would," began Meredith. "But I look like a mess in these clothes I haven't really talked to them —"

"That's fine! I'm sure they wouldn't mind and you look fine as always anyways," Jane brushed her off.

"Oh, well, thanks —"

"Come on, just come with me! We're gonna talk more about fashion, and make up, hair, boys..."

"Ooh, how fun," Meredith muttered, and though Jane heard her, she failed to notice her sarcasm due to excitement.

"Great! Let's go!"

And that was how Meredith was whisked away by Jane and dragged along the halls of the dorm building just to go to Mal and Evie's room. Their room was on the opposite hallway, but it wasn't far away. Jane already knew where to go since she was there not too long ago. Both girls stopped in front of a door left ajar, but Jane knocked on it anyways before walking in.

"Mal? Evie?" the brunette called out.

When Meredith stepped into the room, she noticed how bright it was. It was such a stark contrast with the dark and bold outfits the purple and blue haired girls adorned everyday.

Mal was reading a schoolbook and scribbling on it on one of the pink beds while Evie was actually sewing a dress that looked pretty impressive from where Meredith stood.

"Oh, hello again, Jane," Mal replied distractedly, barely even looking up.

"Hi!" Jane chirped. "Guys, this is Meredith. Meredith, this is Mal and Evie."