Chapter 5 ✔️

After their first night at Auradon, Carlos got up earlier than Jay in the morning. His mind was still reeling from last night's events; unbeknownst to everyone else, he and his friends didn't just get settled in Auradon Prep that day. They managed to escape the school and dormitory to find Fairy Godmother's wand kept safely in a museum, which Carlos himself had found in the first place with his knowledge on how to research using a computer (which Jay had unsurprisingly stolen).

He had mixed emotions. Deep inside, he felt sort of bad for being the one to find the museum after researching, and he was the one who stopped the sirens after the alarm was set off when Jay touched the force field using his wittiness. At the same time, he felt a sense of pride; maybe now, his mother would be proud of him for something else besides being the one to properly dye her hair.

"Jay," Carlos hissed, hitting his friend's head. In response, Jay groaned and turned over in his bed. "Get up, man."

"Why?" Jay whined, slapping Carlos's hands away.

"We can eat more chocolate and candies while we're here."

Although he was still groggy, Jay's eyes flew open.

"Alright, then."

Slowly but surely, Jay began to get ready for the day together with Carlos. Less than twenty minutes later, both of them were dressed in a brand new set of clothes (fortunately for Jay, they didn't have to wear uniforms) but with the same color combination they would always use. Jay had chosen a maroon sleeveless leather vest over some long shorts and opted not to wear his beanie today. Carlos wore black pants and a plain white shirt with a jacket similar to what his mother would wear. They, including Mal and Evie, were all used to dressing up to mirror how their parents looked, and it just grew on them over time.

Of course, Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos met up together before getting breakfast. They didn't want to admit it, but they didn't like the stares of everyone as they walked. They didn't know if they were being judged already, which for some reason made them all feel uneasy when they should have been used to the idea that they were outcasts. Hopefully, everyone was just curious about them.

Meredith was eating with Ben, Chad, and unfortunately Audrey that morning in the dining hall. Meredith's company knew how she was always quiet during breakfast, so they didn't question her when she ate silently while discretely eyeing the movements of Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos as they came into the cafeteria.

 Meredith's company knew how she was always quiet during breakfast, so they didn't question her when she ate silently while discretely eyeing the movements of Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos as they came into the cafeteria

"Hey, Mer," Audrey annoyingly called out the redhead even though she knew she didn't want to be spoken to just yet. "Do you think that Mal girl, and Evie, are pretty?"

Despite the fact that she was irritated, Meredith still pondered on her question.

"I don't know. Mal has nice hair and Evie has cool outfits."

Audrey gasped as if Meredith had offended her.

"But they've been living in the Isle of the Lost all this time. That can't possibly be true."