Chapter 2 ✔️

A/N: Just a lovely picture of Cameron and Booboo displayed up there 😉

Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos laughed raucously, jumping around and causing chaos everywhere they went.

"I'm rotten to the core!" they sang as each of them caused mischief in their own ways. Mal spray painted a wall, Evie had rudely walked down a long table full of people eating their meal, Jay climbed down a ladder and was already on his way to steal more items, and lastly, Carlos took a man's handkerchief and a poor kid's only source of food, which was an apple, before biting it and throwing it away carelessly.

Finally, Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos met up in an open space in the middle of a row of broken down and dirty homes. A few people had joined in on their fun, and Mal even decided to take away a baby's lollipop, causing everyone to laugh at his sorrow.

All of a sudden, their happiness turned into fear as they yelled and scampered away. Without having to look back, the four kids knew who had arrived, especially the purple-haired girl. When they turned around, they were met with men guarding Maleficent, Mal's very own mother.

"Hi Mom," Mal greeted knowingly, facing her.

"Stealing candy, Mal?" Maleficent questioned her daughter. "So disappointed."

"It was from a baby."

The notorious villain smirked.

"That's my nasty little girl," she said as Mal handed her the lollipop with a proud grin.

Maleficent then spat on the candy. Mal's smile dropped in confusion and disgust and watched as her mother rubbed it under her arm before giving it to one of her men.

"Give it back to the dreadful creature," she ordered.

"Mom —"

"It's the deets, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil!" she exclaimed as the woman with the child whose lollipop was stolen passed by. Then, she draped an arm around her daughter and pulled her aside. "When I was your age, I was cursing entire kingdoms. Walk with me."

Carlos, Jay, and Evie shared concerned looks, unsure of what to do at the moment

Carlos, Jay, and Evie shared concerned looks, unsure of what to do at the moment. Jay was already picturing coming back home to share what he stole to his father, Evie was anticipating her mother's requests to find a man and her exclaims of being the fairest, and Carlos was dreading having to follow every single one of his mom's irritating orders.

"You see," continued Maleficent, "I'm just, just trying to teach you what really counts: how to be me."

"I know that. And I'll do better," Mal said determinedly. Once again, the other three teenagers glanced at each other. They had to admit that there were many times where they disliked their own parents, but they still all wanted to make them proud for some reason. Perhaps it's because deep down, no matter who you were, you'd always have that love for the one who raised and nurtured you. But, they also had to confess that they didn't like the fact that they were constantly trying to make them happy and yet it was never enough, but they never really told themselves that out loud.