Chapter 9

Ael's POV

I'm really happy for my brother. He will (finally) be able to relax in his flat with his mate. He never goes there because it doesn't feel like home. He prefers to be outside, to exercise, to divert the dull pain of being alone by doing something. He never told me the fact that he was feeling half empty. He always claims that being alone has a lot of perks and he doesn't need a mate that will stick to him like an bothersome mother.  At least that's what he says but I know he just needed her by his side.

Speaking of mates. When I gave her the backpack she looked reassured, relieved. I'm glad something can bring her comfort even if it's not me.

Earlier, I said I was reading but I was actually spying on her. I cast glances at her from time to time thanks to the little holes I made in the newspaper. She didn't notice anything. I guess this trick really works after all!

The night felt like years. I restrained myself not to approach her all day long: she has to get used to her surroundings, to me. Female work like this. I slept on the couch and I can tell my back didn't really appreciate it. The couch is not so comfy with all the hard cushions. Besides, it was made for people to sit, not to sleep on. During the night, I dreamed about her loving me, fantasizing over all our future dates. I also pictured all the ups and downs and most of all, the moments with our kids. Each thought that crossed my mind made my fight against my will harder. I was dying to sleep by her side. I've already waited for several years, I can wait a few more days.

When I woke up, she was laying in the bed and seemed exhausted. Why didn't she sleep well? Maybe, it was my melodious snoring. Tyaron always mocked me because of this. She really needs to sleep more. I'll keep an eye on this. I think it's quite normal: she has to feel safe, to let go of all the stress and worries. I guess it can take some time.

My dearest wish is that she finally accepts me as her mate. I'm craving to be next to her, her body glued to mine, fitting perfectly together. I'd better stop fantasizing or else, I will be deceived if my dreams aren't accomplished like in my fantasies.

It's currently 9 a.m. and I'm preparing the breakfast. On a huge plate I put a ton of various products. She may want to share the food with me. I think I'm being too hopeful there since she didn't talked to me since her outburst. But hope never dies in me. I take some valeki, piroushkji, valda, droitui, falipour, frood, drena and waliby.

(Author's note: the translation of these names are at the end of the chapter)

I open the door of our room and come across the most delicious smell ever, my mate's smell. Wait a minute... I don't even know her name!! I'm such a terrible mate, I'm so rude. I forgot to ask her her name! I hope she'll forgive me.

My mate suddenly goes out of the bathroom, totally dressed sadly. Her clothes suit her so well. She looks ravishing, like a blooming flower in the first days of spring.

She looks at the huge tray I'm holding with a questioning look. I quickly put it on the floor. Usually we, the Matters, all eat together. It helps us to keep a sense of unity especially when someone is having a hard time. But today I make an exception.

I sit down and wait for her to join me.

"So hmm... I brought some food. Serve yourself if you want. I don't want to force you. You do what you want. If you don't want to eat with me around, that's fine I understand. I can leave you alone if you prefer. I don't want to be a burden to you. I didn't even ask you your name. I'm really sorry, please forgive me for being so rude. I really am a worthless mate to treat you that way."

I perfectly know I'm making a fool of myself. But I can't help it. I get so nervous when she's around. I don't want to screw things up. I want everything to be perfect. But now it seems I missed my shot to make a good impression. You never have a second chance for first impression that's why I always try to look good. However now she'll never give me her name, not when I've been so...

"Athanasia. I'm Athanasia."

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *  

Valeki = pasta with meat, vegetables or fish inside

Valda = Salad

Piroushkji = piroushki (it's russian food)

Droitui = pepper

Falipour = ginger

Drena = quinoa

Waliby = wasabi (Let's say aliens love eating food with a strong taste)(Once I (Poppo) went to a japanese restaurant for the first time. I saw the green ball and decided to put it all in my mouth. I regretted it bitterly. Not the best first experience of Japanese food.)

***********************************************************************************************

As we told you Tuesday, here's another chapter, this time from Ael's point of view. What did you think of it ? Do you like when the chapter is from someone else's point of view ? Please let us know what you prefer.

Summer break starts tomorrow for us so we wanted to wish you a nice summer despite the pandemic.

See you next week !

Siripoppo