"Uncle can protect himself but I'll protect you," he says happily.

"You don't like your uncle anymore Oli?" We both turn to the door, Jason just in his sweats and a black tank top with a towel hanging around his shoulder, his face faking sadness. 

"But uncle, you're a police officer and Tori is not so I'll protect her," he declares. Jason chuckles, his facade breaking before he makes his way to us throwing himself to lie beside us.

"How about you leave the protecting to me," Jason tells him. Oli looks at his uncle, a grin once again shining on his face.

"Uncle, when I grow up I'm going to be a police officer like you because you're really cool, and strong. I really really love you uncle," he says, his voice growing softer. I can see Jason holding back the emotion on his face, who knows if he might have started crying. He sits up and I move my arms from Oli as Jason pulls for a hug, his tattooed arms wrapped around him tightly.

"I really really love you to Oli, to the moon and back," his voice thick with emotion. My eyes are a little misty as I watch the two and I pray that this mess is over soon because I don't know what I would do if either of them lost one another.

✘✘

"Look who decided to grace us with her presence tonight," a laughing voice calls out.

"Shut it Haruto," I reply rolling my eyes as I pocket my phone. It's another night in the hospital, another ten-minute break before I get back to work. It's almost been a week since I was last here.

"So your little vacation with your man is over?" he teases.

"I don't know, I'm here, aren't I? That should say something," I say rolling my eyes again. 

"But you wish you were still on vacation with your man," he snickers.

"Enough about my man. How are you doing? You know we should get together at some point though I don't know when considering I work during the day and you work at night," I tell him. His face changes to one of exhaustion and I notice he might have lost some weight.

"Well I haven't drunk myself into a stupor so I think I'm okay," he sighs. I hold my arms open and shuffles into them, his chin resting on my head as I wrap my arm around him.

"That may be true but have you had any time to yourself since the breakup?" I question in worry as I rub his back.

"No, I've just thrown myself in work. I've been working every day non-stop, even taking shifts on my days off," he confesses.

"Haruto, I'm being serious here. Do you want to end up in the hospital yourself? You should know at the rate you're going you'll be admitted here. All the stress, the lack of rest; you're going to become another patient here," I chastise as I pull back to give him a hard stare.

"I know I know, but this is just the best option," he sighs.

"No, it's not. Do you know what you're going to do? When you finish your shift tonight you are going to go and request to days off. If you've been working at the rate you said they will allow it. When you're home you will sleep, eat, and sleep some more. I will call you when I'm in school so we talk but the most important thing is you rest," I instruct. "Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes mother," hr grumbles but I see the smile on his face as I release him.

"Get out of here, I need to get back to making my rounds," I say looking at the time on the clock.

"Yes, the children need you," he says and he turns to walk back down the hall before turning back to me. "I forgot to tell you the strangest thing happened the other day."

"Oh? What happened?" I question, my curiosity peeking up.

"It was in the morning when I was going home and there was this woman that was taking a walk in the neighbourhood and I saw her take a fall to the ground. I quickly stopped my car and got out to help her but instead, I was met with five people pointing guns at me. Three were Japanese since I can recognize other Japanese people and the other two, one was white and the last I'm not sure what his background was," he says shrugging his shoulder.

"They didn't do anything to you did they?" I ask, my eyes trailing his body to see if he's moving strangely because of an injury. "You could have become the seven o'clock news. Your face would have been plastered on everywhere."

"No they did nothing, she stopped them with one hand and all of them just replied yes Mrs. Yamazaki. With that many bodyguards she must be some rich important person," he continues. My blood runs cold when I hear that name.

"What did you say her last name was Haruto?" I ask, my voice tense.

"Yamazaki, why? You know her?" he questions. I shake my head, a fake smile plastered on my face.

"I just think that last name of hers is pretty cool," I say lying through my teeth. 

"I've heard that name one too many times so it's not cool for me," he tells me as his pager goes off. "I have to run now but I'll tell you when my days off are," he says to me quickly before running back to the ward he came from.  I'm left standing where I am but there's only be thought running through my head.

A woman with the last name Yamazaki that also has bodyguards? There's no mistaking it. Andjela, Eiichi's mom is here and if she's here in the city and there's no doubt she's doing her own networking to find me.

✘✘

A/N So I wasn't sure if I was going to write another chapter but my fingers just started typing and I couldn't stop. Eiichi's mom is now in the city and they are slowly closing in on Victoria. I'm still on the fence if this story will be as long as The Ex-Convict. I'm hoping it is but we'll have to see. I'll leave this author's note short too since I'm starting the next chapter but don't forget to leave your thoughts on the chapter in the comments!

 I'll leave this author's note short too since I'm starting the next chapter but don't forget to leave your thoughts on the chapter in the comments!