Chapter 5.1 | Date Night (Part 1)

𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

When was the last time we did this? It's been a couple of months since Jason and I have had time for each other so I'm looking forward to tonight. I double-check my outfit one more time, satisfaction coursing through me with how good I look.

With a sweetheart neckline and an open back, the short gold dress hugs my body so nicely, I know my husband is going to be floored when he sees me. I kept my makeup simple the only thing standing out is the highlight on my face and as for my hair, I cut it a couple of weeks ago so my short curls reach just at my shoulders but frame my face so nicely.

I grab my phone, cards and heels that are next to the bed before leaving the room and going downstairs to wait for Jason. Tonight the kids are staying with Camryn and while normally they would stay with Charlotte since Wren is there to hang with Oli, this time he asked if he and his sister could stay with Camryn and of course we couldn't say no to that. And not to mention the excited text messages I got from Camryn I know that they'll have a good time tonight.

Speaking of Oli, I still can't believe he asked if I'd officially adopt him not to mention call me mom. From the first time I met him I never wanted to take the place of his mom nor was I going to force him to see me as a parental figure. I just wanted to show him that I'm an adult that he could trust, rely on and not just because I'm with his uncle.

So the day when he brought those papers to me, I still can't believe it happened. Even after the kids went to sleep that night, every time I looked at the papers I was still getting misty-eyed. We already submitted the paperwork and just last month the adoption was finalized in court so it's still surreal. Oli might not realize it but Jason still gets emotional when he calls him dad. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear knocking on the door.

"Why knock when you could unlock it yourself," I comment to myself as I go to open the door after checking to see if it's Jason. As soon as it's open I'm met with the sight of my husband with a bouquet of flowers in hand along with a small box.

"Wow, you look gorgeous sweetheart," Jason says as his eyes trail from my face down to my body.

"I know, you won't be able to keep your eyes off of me tonight," I say as I do a small twirl for him to see the entire outfit. "But you look good as well," I comment as I take in his appearance. His hair is slicked back, his black dress shirt and pants are cinched to his body, the sleeves of his shirt are rolled up to show his tattoo sleeves. To add to that he has the first two buttons of his shirt undone showing the additional tattoos he has.

"Where else would you expect me to be looking?" he questions as he hands me the flowers and kisses my cheek. I hand him my cards to put in his wallet while I admire the flowers in my hands, a bouquet of sunflowers and some others ranging in colours of blue plus white. In my free time tomorrow, I'll have to search for what the other flowers are.  

"Good answer," I reply cheerily before getting distracted by the box in his hand. "What's in there?"

"A present for you," he says as he steps into the house and opens the box in hand. Lying on the cushion is a thin gold necklace with a sapphire gem, it's beautiful.

"Jason, you didn't have to," I say as I look from the necklace to him. He takes it out of the box and steps closer to me as he puts the necklace onto my neck, the gem sitting between my collarbones. 

"I can't help it if I want to spoil my wife," he says and I move in to kiss him response before pulling back.

"I love it, thank you. Let me put these in the kitchen and then we can go," I tell him. "By the way where are we going?" I ask as I walk to the kitchen.