Chapter 31

My sock-clad feet barely make a sound as I press myself against the wall in silence, my heart thumping. I don't know what I'll find. I take in a deep breath before throwing myself into the light of the living room, the gun drawn in front of me. My eyes widen and my hands fall to my sides.

"Eiichi," I breathe out and the cold smile on his face widens as he takes in my appearance. Even after a decade, he's still devilishly handsome. He's filled out over the years, I can tell with the suit he's wearing. He's sitting on a chair facing me with Oli standing beside him, a hand placed on Oli's shoulder. On each side of him are two men, both have their guns drawn pointed at me. "Eiichi, let him go. We both know he has nothing to do with this."

"You should know better than that Victoria," he says rolling the R in my name. "Why would I let go of the one leverage I have over you? The gun in your hand, drop it," he commands coldly. I have no other options, not with Oli in the middle of this and its five against one, not the best odds.

"Okay, but please don't do anything to him," I plead as I lower the gun to the floor slowly before standing back up with my hands in the air.

"It took me a decade to find you, a decade of you on the run," he says as he leans back in the chair watching me.

"I wasn't running from you, get that through your head. I wanted nothing to do with you anymore so I left after I finished serving my time, it's as simple as that," I counter. Eiichi looks at me for a couple of seconds before nodding his head to one of the men beside him. The man walks up to me, his hand whipping out striking me hard across the face. I stumble back from the force and I hear Oli scream in shock. 

"I don't need lip from you Victoria," he says narrowing his eyes at me. "And yes, the crime you didn't commit. When we came to get you the day you were released they told us that they accidentally mixed up the dates and you were released the day before. They paid dearly for that mistake," his eyes filled with mirth but his voice sounds cold, amused at what they did.

"I told them not to tell you I was being released early but I see now that's my mistake," I whisper. "What I don't understand is how you found me, Toronto is a long way from Quebec City."

"I'll give you all the answers you seek but first I want to see if you still have what I need, turn around and get on your knees," he demands coldly.

"Tori?" Oli questions, his voice tremoring, he's visibly shaking from fear.

"Whatever you're doing Eiichi please don't do anything to him," I plead as I turn away from him. This whole time Oli has been silent, most likely realizing these are people you can't disobey. "Oli don't worry, everything will be fine, your uncle is coming home soon." 

"My dear, so long as you don't try any funny shit, the kid won't be harmed," he says in a smooth voice. "And that cop boyfriend of yours? He's going to find himself terribly busy tonight. I have my men causing chaos in the city, he won't be coming for you." The thing keeping Jason at work, it was all planned by Eiichi?

Goosebumps rise on my skin when I feel someone approaching me from behind, stopping so they tower over me. A hand lands on my shoulder squeezing it tightly and I wince as I hear the sound of something clicking. Something cool is pressed against my neck and I freeze knowing that there's a knife against my neck.

"Daisuke, stop fucking around," Eiichi commands in an icy tone.

"Yes boss" the man replies and the next thing I feel is the knife being dragged down my back tearing my sweater in half and the clasps of my bra. He steps away from me and I'm left sitting with my the upper half of my back exposed to them.

"I see you haven't touched it after all these years. I was worried you would have covered it up because you wouldn't want to have any memories of me," Eiichi says in a mocking voice. "But yes, this is what I needed." Cover-up?  Wait, does he mean my tattoo?