"Victoria, I've been thinking of giving this to you," he says to me and he reaches into his shirt and pulls out a necklace with a key attached to it. He moves his hand to a drawer and uses the key to unlock it. I peer over and my eyes widen when I see what's inside, a sleek black gun.

"You want to give me a gun?" I ask shocked.

"Incase anything happens to you and I can't reach you or something happens with the officers guarding you, I want you to be able to protect yourself," he says taking it out and placing it in my hands. "It's more of a last resort."

"Trust me, I pray I'll never have to use it," I say turning it over to look at it.

"I can teach you how to use it," he tells me and I shake my head.

"I haven't touched one since I was a teen but I am familiar with how to use guns. I never shot anyone but when we use to hit the shooting range, I was the best girl that could handle it," I say looking back at him. 

"Then I know I can trust you with this to keep you safe and for you to handle it safely," he smirks.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," I chuckle before giving it back to him. "Now, I'm really fucking tired and I'm pretty sure you are to so let's go to bed. I'm not leaving here until you do."

"You win sweetheart, it's hard to say no to you," he says as he locks back the gun and then stands, he picks me up in his arms as my legs wrap around his waist, my arms around his neck.

"I can be very persuasive," I whisper teasingly. His hands tighten around my ass, his eyes darken but before he can say anything we hear a timid voice calling out to us. "I guess I'll have to use my persuasion another time," I tell him, a soft smile on my face.

"Don't think I'll forget," he says as he puts me down and I walk to the door opening it looking down the hall. 

"Oli, we're over here," I say waving him over to me. He rushes over wrapping his arms around me, his head resting on my stomach. "Nightmare?" I question as I brush his hair with one hand, the other rubbing his back.

"Do you want to stay with us buddy?" Jason questions walking over to the two of us. He nods his head again before moving to hug him. 

"You go shower first before getting in bed," I tell Jason. "Oli, we'll go wait for your uncle," I say in a soft voice and he moves from him taking my hand as I lead him back to the room. I turn on the lamp on Jason's side as the two of us get under the cover.

"Tori?" he whispers.

"What is it?" I ask quietly. 

"Why do the bad people want to hurt us? Did we make them angry? Can we say sorry to them?" he questions and I can hear the tears in his voice. I straighten up quickly when I hear that.

"Oh Oli, come here," I say sitting against the headboard and holding my arms out for him. He shuffles into them, his head resting on my chest as I hold him close to me.

"I don't know what they want to hurt us and we didn't make them angry. We don't need to apologize to them, they should apologize to us since they are bullies. You know what a bully is right?" I question.

"They teached us in school," he answers.

"Those people are also bullies but guess what, I promise that I'll protect you, they won't ever hurt you again," I whisper fiercely. It's a promise deep in my soul. I could never wish my situation on anyone and I would never wish for a child to experience this.

"I'll protect you too Tori," he says looking up at me, clear determination on his face. It tugs at my heartstrings a grin breaks out on my face.

"And what about your uncle?" I tease and he takes a moment to think for a moment before grinning back at me.