52: Quinn

Riley and I sit down at the table and her mom hands us the plates with eggs and a pancake. Her dad hands us freshly squeezed orange juice before he pours coffee into a cup for his wife.  I'm in awe at the fact that Riley's parents make this breakfast every morning. I'm used to just having cereal everyday.

"I'm probably going to need two cups of coffee today. I'm so tired. That damn couch is not the comfiest place to sleep all night on," Riley's dad comments making us all laugh.

"How did you sleep?" Riley's mom asks me.

"I slept good. Probably got a better night sleep here than at home since..." I pause as I feel Riley's hand touches my lower thigh under the table. The action makes me shiver and get goosebumps and it takes all my will to not gasp. "My parents fight a lot, so I don't get much sleep at home," I continue.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, sweety. I didn't mean to bring up a sore subject," Riley's mom replies.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring down the mood," I reply. Riley squeezes my thigh reassuringly, but it just makes me want to drag her to the bedroom. So, I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers so that she doesn't accidentally turn me on more now. There's no way in hell she is doing this on purpose, she probably thinks this is a good way to reassure me that everything will be okay.

"Don't worry. How about it, let's change the subject. So, we will be leaving work earlier today to spent time with you guys. We were wondering if we could all go to the fair that just opened up a few days ago. What do you two say?" Riley's mom adds.

"Yeah, that sounds like an awesome idea! What do you think, Quinn?" Riley asks. She gives me her pleading puppy dog eyes that I can't resist, so I automatically say yes. It's adorable how excited she can get, she's practically jumping up and down in her chair. It's nice seeing this more playful side. She's always so serious or scared, I love moments like this with her.

We talk and eat for a bit longer before putting the plates in the sink and running the water over them. Then we all head to change before leaving. I follow Riley up the stairs to her room and she lets me enter first and closes the door behind her. I don't waste another second before I'm pushing Riley against the door and kissing her.

She's shocked at first but relaxes into it and starts to passionately kiss me back. I move my hands from the door to her waist so that I can pull her closer as we continue. However, her alarm clock beeps signaling we are supposed to leave soon. I pull away so that we can get ready, but Rileys pull me back to her.

"One more kiss," she begs with her puppy dog eyes. I roll my eyes and cave, I lean forward to kiss her again. She smiles into the kiss and I pull away to see her blushing. She's so cute and and I can't help but feel like the happiest person on earth because she's my girl. I pull her in for a hug and after a few seconds I decide to mess with her because of what she did earlier.

"Just so you know, I only have limited self control when it comes to you. So I'm going to warn you, next time you grab my thigh like that, I'm going to fuck you right then and there," I whisper in her ear. Riley's whole body goes stiff and I can't help but chuckle. I let go of her and take a step back so I can see her face expression. She is staring at me in shock and her cheeks are beat red.

She gulps and tries to respond to me, but she doesn't know how to. So I take a step forward and ask, "what's wrong Riley? Cat got your tongue?"

Riley looks dazed for a second before snapping out of it. She smirks and quickly tugs my shirt so she can pull me close. The act instantly turns me on, I didn't know she could be so hot. Our lips are merely centimeters away and I try to lean forward to kiss her but she leans back. "Two can play at this game, baby," she whispers against my lips before pushing me away from her.

She smirks and turns around to go to her bathroom. I just stand there in shock. What the fuck just happened?!

"Just going to stand there like a love struck puppy or are you going to get ready for school?" Riley teases as she comes out while wiping her wet face with a towel.

"When did you get so bold?"

She laughs before answering, "When I met you. Now hurry up, we need to be down in ten minutes."

I roll my eyes and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I finish I notice that Riley is already changed. She's casually wearing jeans and a large sweater with chemistry symbols on the front. This is kind of her signature, and she looks adorable, but she'll look hot the moment she finishes putting her hair up in a ponytail.

I quickly change into some clothes that Riley is letting me borrow as she is turned around. When I'm done I run over to Riley so that I can hig her from behind and she finishes her hair. Then I kiss the nape of her neck before burying my face in the back of her sweatshirt.

She turns around and kisses the top of my head. I think it's so cute, normally she never has the ability to do this. However, since I leaned my head down to rest on her she can now. I look up and smile at her, I'm so lucky.

"Ready to go?" She asks and I nod. I grab her hand as we walk down the stairs. We don't hide since her parents aren't in the house, they are already outside getting into their cars.

Riley hands me one of her old bags and school supplies for today. I really have to go back home soon to get some clothes and my backpack so I don't have to be continue to borrow Riley's things.

We head for the door, but before I open it Riley pulls me back by my backpack. I turn to her in confusion, but then she gives me one last passionate kiss before she pushes me out the door. I walk forward in a daze and try to make it over to her parents.

"Well, I'm going to head off now, see you guys later," Riley's dad says before giving a kiss to his wife and hugging his daughter and me before leaving. He's such a sweet and understanding father, I wish mine was like him. I can't remember the last time my dad hugged me or said he was proud of me. My dad doesn't like showing emotions, well that is until he found out I was gay. That's the most emotion i have seen from him in a while.

"Are you girls ready for school?" Riley's mom asks and we both nod. We hope into the car and I would have dressed going to school if Riley weren't next to me now. I'm just not in the mood, but I can't skip.

No matter what, today will be a good day. I'll be okay. I'll survive today and I'll survive the shit that is going on with my family.

Everything will be okay.

------------------

Author note: Sorry for taking so long to update. My mental health took a drastic turn and it's been so hard for me lately to do anything. I'm pushing through though, I can't stay stuck in this bad mindset. I have too much to be excited for, I refuse to let my mental health stop me from enjoying the fact that I graduate university tomorrow.

I can't promise when the next update will be. I'll try to update once or twice a week, but it might be on random days. It just depends on how I am doing a certain day.

Also, down below is a happy and cute video about birds growing up in my backyard. I hope you guys enjoy the short video. Also, I said the birds flew away, but half of them came back and have been sticking around my house for the last couple of days.