47: Riley

Quinn and I wait in the living room as my parents talk to hers. I feel so bad for everything Quinn has gone through, she doesn't deserve this. She's one of the best people that I know, she deserves the world.

I can feel her start to tremble as my parents finally end the call and walk closer to the sliding door. They enter the house with big smiles and I can't help but turn to Quinn and pull her in for a hug.

"After a while, we finally convinced your parents that you should stay here for the remainder of the week. It's best to give you and them time to process this," my mom explains to Quinn who breathes a sigh of relief.

"I can't begin to thank you all for everything you have done for me," Quinn declares.

My parents pat her back and ask, "What are you in the mood for dinner, Quinn? You get to decide."

"Oh gosh, I have no idea. I don't want you guys to make anything, let's just order some food. I'll pay, I have money saved up," Quinn replies, but we stop her.

"Quinn, don't worry about the money, it's our treat. Just tell us what kind of food you would like," my dad replies to her.

Quinn hesitates for a bit before shyly responding with pizza. My parents nod and my mom gets up to make the order. Quinn turns to me to ask, "Do you mind if I take a shower and borrow clothes, I'm starting to get very cold now."

I say of course and we head upstairs to my room. I hand her towels and clothes and she shyly takes the items. "Thank you so much."

"Anything for you. Also, do you want me to wait for you or go?"

Quinn looks down and I notice her cheeks start to flush. She refuses to look me in the eyes as she says, "Um, i don't think you should wait, we don't want to have the same problem as last time."

"What happened last time?" I ask.

"You know..." Quinn rolls her eyes at me and continues, "Last time I took a shower here, we sort of had a problem because my towel dropped when we fell."

My face immediately gets hot as I remember. "Right. I should probably go. I'll see you downstairs when you're done," I blurt out and run out the door as I hear Quinn laughing.

I head downstairs with my parents and my mom just finsihed making the order for pizza. She sits down at the table with my dad and they look confused.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

My parents look at each then at me then back at each other. They do this a few more times before my mom pushes my dad. He sighs and announces, "You're mother and I wonder if you are gay."

I widen my eyes and take a few seconds to process what they just said. "Why would you think that?!"

"Well it's just because you and Quinn are very close so we thought..." my dad begins but I cut him off.

"Just because I have a gay friend that doesn't mean I have to be gay too," I reply.

"No, we didn't mean that, sweetie. It's just, you've been acting differently around Quinn. And we've also seen less of Mason around," adds my mom.

"That doesn't mean anything. I'm just different because I'm making friends and growing and Mason and I aren't together anymore," I say.

"Wait what!" My dad yells.

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you guys that detail," I sheepishly reply.

"Oh my, how could you forget that, it's so important. Are you okay, Riley? What happened?" Asks my mom.