Chapter 25: On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

Beginne am Anfang

"See this...is why...I invited...them over," she said as she used her strength to haul me. "You would...never make...a move!"

"Maybe I don't want to make a mo-"

I was cut short when she opened the door and practically threw me outside.

Fucking bitch.

I stumbled but caught my balance before gravity could do its work. I lifted my head and brushed my hair out of my face,  meeting Aaron's raised eyebrows and Justin's amused expression, with a sheepish smile.

"Hello!" I laughed embarrassingly before clearing my throat. "Um...I mean...hi."

"Well hello to you too," Justin smirked.

"Hi," Aaron simply said.

And there go the butterflies.

Really Morgan? Just like that? Wow, you are sad.

"Um," I said, composing myself. "Come on in."

I walked them through the corridor and then to the living room, where Shannon was seated with a smug smile on her face.

Fucking bitch.

You already thought that.

And I'll think it again.

"Nice of you boys to join us," she said. "Welcome to my humble abode."

"Sweetheart there is nothing humble about this entire neighborhood," Justin laughed.

"What are we here for again?" Aaron asked her.

"We're slaying dragons and we need some muscle," she deadpanned and I chuckled.

"Are you ever not sarcastic?" Aaron asked.

"Do you ever lighten up?" she teased.

Justin and I laughed. It was amusing watching Shannon pulling Aaron's legs.

"Sarcasm is my first language Aaron," she winked. "That's part of what you'll need to understand if you want to be a part of the dream team my girl and I got going on here."

She linked her arm with mine and smiled.

Aaron arched an eyebrow. "What else do we need to understand?"

"Oh well we offer sacrifices to the friendship gods every week, we may not slay dragons, but we do slay ogres," Shannon began. "Oh, and on Wednesdays, we wear pink!"

"Hilarious," Aaron remarked dryly, but I could see the smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Did you just quote mean girls?" Justin asked.

Aaron looked at him and chuckled.

"Hey," Justin shrugged in defense. "It's a good movie."

"Let's get this show on the road shall we?" Shannon said, punching Aaron lightly on the shoulder.

~~~

Shannon was devious, I'll give her that. And she had recruited Justin in her little expedition. The two of them seized every single opportunity they could get to make sure that Aaron and I were left alone together.

Talk about your best friend embarrassing the heck out of you.

"Justin, could you help me pop some popcorn?" she asked.

"Why the hell do you need help popping popcorn?" I asked her.

"Say no more milady," Justin agreed, getting onto his feet.