Homecoming

Thomas

The door to the church opened and in walked the boy who has caused all of this turmoil.

I ignored his presence, watching as Father Noah ran up to him and threw his arms around him, begging him to never go again.

"I won't, I promise. I've realized that this is more of my home than I thought." Damian confesses, squeezing the Pastors arm.

I scrubbed harder at the crown molding. It gleamed white, and my fingers burned, but I continued. The soap seeped onto the raw skin causing it to sting until my fingers trembled.

"Hey babe, this isn't much of a homecoming party." He called from below. I was so startled I tipped and fell fell from the ladder, landing square in front of him with the water bucket landing upside down on my head. Soapy water seeped through my clothes and chilled me to the bone as I scrambled to get up only to fall again after slipping.

"Thomas, Jesus Christ, are you ok?" He called, pulling the bucket off my head, suppressing a laugh as I tried to stand with out slipping again.

I finally found my self upwards and marched toward my room with a face as red as the dipping sun outside. Damian looked like he was going to follow but decided against it as Hanson and Jack met him and chatted him up.

I slammed the door behind me, trudging across the floor with my soapy footsteps following me. I peeled off my shirt that was sopping wet, replacing it with the night shirt that was no more than a sheer tee, and summer shorts that I hadn't worn in years. I looked like a whore in the mirror, face red, sheer shirt, glistening skin, a worthless whore who couldn't stand up for himself.

I dried my hair and gripped the brush, looking at my self in the mirror. He's back Thomas, and you still want him in your bed. You still want his skin.

I shook with anger, the brush in my hand trembling along with my shaking fist.

Before I realized what I was doing I hurled the brush at the mirror and watched it crack around the impact, shards falling down.

The door opened and Damian stood, stone cold and staring at the broken mirror, eyes panning to my form.

"Wha-what the hell why did you do that?" He berated, stepping around the shards.

I stared at him with the same rage as I had before, but I wasn't angry at him, I was angry at myself for wanting him.

"Just... calm down ok? Sit down for a second. Breathe." He told me, hands grazing my arms.

"Don't touch me!" I lashed out, throwing myself backwards.

"Why! Why are you scared of me touching you? I'm not doing anything!" He came back with.

I felt the snap happen and the tears started pouring. I shrunk in on my self and pushed back against the wall.

Damian kneeled next to me, "What is going on Thomas..."

"You just left, you left, how did I know you were going to come back!? You could have died!" I cried out, bawling like a toddler.

"You wanted me gone Thomas." He told me, sounding choked up.

"I wanted you to... I wanted.... I don't know what I want but I didn't want you gone. That's the last thing I want Damian." I begged, looking up into the pained expression painted on his perfect features.

His hand came to the side of my face and swiped away the tears there, bringing his body close to mine in an embrace.

"Don't leave again." I begged him, opening my self to him.

"Don't hurt me again." He said in return. I curled into his chest, hearing the pattering of his heartbeat. I wanted more, I wanted to bring my lips to his, but neither of us were ready.

"I want to kiss you." He said, hand running up the ridge of my spine in a comforting gesture that melted me further.

I looked at him and brought my lips to his for a short, chaste, and sad kiss. One that felt so hollow and broken.

He shook his head and kissed me again, this time bringing my body closer to him, his heat on mine, going over my imaginary line again.

It wasn't hollow this time, it was a message.

Hurt me again and this won't ever happen again.