Chapter 24: Final Exams

"This is so stupid."

Aizawa scoffed at my huffing an complaining, "We wouldn't be here if you hadn't destroyed 4 rooms using Mineta's body." 

I pout as I cross my arms, "It's his fault for being a pervert. He was going to invade all of the girls privacy. He got what he deserved." 

The older man just ignored me as he zipped up his yellow sleeping bag, "Just shut up. I'm going to sleep. If you try to leave your weeks detention will turn into a month." 

I sigh, "I hate it here." 

"How do you think I feel?"

Smirking at his question, I gave him a smug smile, "Over joyed. I am your favorite after all."

Said man rolled his eyes before rolling over and turning his back to me. 

I pout, mumbling, "You're no fun Aizawa."

*

I stretched my arms, "God that wasn't even detention. We both just took a nap until it was over." I laughed as I continue walking home, "Then again that's why he's one of my favorite..."

I trailed off as my eyes caught sight of the sky causing me to walk towards a railing that sopped me from falling to the lower grounds, "Wow." 

The sky was covered with clouds painted with pink, purple, yellow, blue, and orange. Each color had it's own unique beauty and dominance in the sky. The colors from the sky reflected onto the world under it as if it were giving it a hug. A cool breeze flew in the air causing my hair to lift ever so slightly. Despite the sun being covered, its heat still radiated throughout the peaceful city leaving a warm feeling hugging onto your skin.

 Despite the sun being covered, its heat still radiated throughout the peaceful city leaving a warm feeling hugging onto your skin

As I placed my hands on the railings, my shoulders slumped and all of the tense muscles finally relaxed and I felt at peace. A soft genuine smile appeared on my face as I look out towards the sky. 

For a split second I felt like everything had disappeared. All of my stress, my problems, my worries, they all vanished. I didn't have to be a student that dreamt of becoming the number one hero. I didn't have to be a villain who wished danger and death on those involved with heroes. I didn't have to feel the pressure of 'picking a side'. I didn't have to keep secrets from close friends. 

For a split second I didn't feel like a monster or a freak. I stopped feeling like an outcast and I didn't feel useless or weak. The heavy weight I felt in my chest seemed to disappear and all the responsibilities and burdens I carried no longer sat on my shoulders, bothering me throughout the whole day. 

For a split second the past didn't haunt me. Yelling in my ears. Constantly reminding me what I went through and why I did. I stopped hearing all the voices telling me where I belong and where I dont. The obligation of always having to be happy and grateful disappeared out of thin air.