Chapter 18: Take a Hint

(Y/n's pov)

"Huh? Where'd Itsuki go?" 

The others turned to me and I could sense that they were all feeling off. Their eyes trailed all over my body seeing my tattered and ripped clothes, exposing my many scars and bruises. 

Jirou speaks up, "He said that a woman by the name of Hanako called for him or something like that." 

I nod before sitting down next to Bakugo who was weirdly quiet, "Hey Bakago, you good?"

"Shut it, twig." 

I laugh nervously, "Right."

My gaze shifts to Ashido's battle already knowing the outcome of the battle, 

Maybe I can train with Aoyama sometime too. I can help him control his quirk a little.

I smile at the thought of seeing the boy improve and watching him get stronger. 

Soon enough their battle ended and just as quickly as it started, Momo's battle with Tokoyami ended causing the start of Kirishima's battle with Testutestu. 

Bakugo got up and left to the waiting room, probably to get ready for his match, while I smiled down at the two boys walking into the arena. 

After watching them throw a few punches, I chuckle to myself, "Kiri finally found his perfect match." 

Izuku seemed to have noticed me getting up because he asked, while glancing at me, "Where are you going, Y/n?"

I smiled down at him, "I think you know where I'm going." 

He mirrored my expression before packing up his notebook and pencil while standing up, "Can I come with you?" 

I nodded as he followed me down the stairs and to a vending machine.

"Y/n?" 

"Hm?" 

From the corner of my eye I can see Izuku shift uncomfortably as I press the button down for the snack, "Kacchan is always...um...mean to you and you guys seem to have different...different beliefs, so why are you always there for him? Even when you are there for him it seems like he gives you the cold shoulder anyways." 

I grab the spicy snack I had gotten from the vending machine along with the water before walking towards the waiting room with Izuku following close behind, "It only seems that way because thats how Bakugo is. It's how he was raised. He hates showing his emotions. You and I both know that." 

Izuku nods as we get closer to the waiting rooms, "And he'll continue to keep those walls up until he finally decides to stop hiding his emotions. And until then he'll continue to push everyone away." 

We stop, finally at the waiting room, but for participant #1, A.K.A Bakugo.

I smile to him, "And just like how I was there for you, Bakugo needs someone there for him. Someone who will stay even after being pushed away countless of times. And if it means making him happy then I'll gladly be that person." 

(2nd pov)

The green eyed boy stood outside the room you had just walked in, repeating the last sentence that came out of your mouth. 

And if it means making him happy then I'll gladly be that person.

His expression shifted as the pain became visible not able to ignore the tight feeling in his chest. 

Meanwhile a blonde boy was smirking after overhearing the words that came out of your mouth. Feeling strangely proud of the words you had said. 

(Y/n's pov)