Chapter 64: Trust

Y/N POV:

I make it to Mantle to see a bunch of Grimm attacking civilians as I land and take out my sword along with Yue.

I see a pack of Sabyrs going for a family of three as I decapitate half of the pack and create Ice spikes to finish off the others.

Y/N: (to the family) Evacuate this way!

They do as I say and get to the evacuation point.

Y/N: (That's one pack down)

Miyuki & Koyuki: (Tons more to go)

I continue to look for anymore civilians until I spot a Megoliath down the way as I run in front of hit.

Y/N: (Yue...)

Yue: (Ready!)

She changes to her Gauntlet form as I punch the Megoliath straight on it's trunk as the force of the blow causing it to explode into dust.

I see Civilians hiding behind some cover from the Grimm.

Y/N: Head to the nearest shelter!

I suddenly see White Flames swirl around me as a pack of Beowolves are burned to a crisp.

Karen: Glad to see we're not late to the party.

Y/N: (smiles) Yeah...

We continue to take down more Grimm and directing civilians to safety until I hear Robyn.

Robyn: Atlas, Mantle. I know you're scared. I'm here with General Ironwood, and we have a message for you.

I look up to see her and Ironwood on a screen with Robyn holding his left hand using her Semblance as it shows a green aura.

Robyn: What he has to say may sound unbelievable... but it is all true.

Ironwood: An ancient and terrible evil lies outside of our kingdom. It was responsible for the destruction of Beacon, the attack on Haven, and for the recent attacks on Mantle.

Ironwood: This powerful force goes by the name of Salem.

Yue changes to her rifle mode as Karen and I gun down more oncoming Grimm.

Ironwood: Salem seeks only to divide us.

Ironwood: To turn us against each other. If she can incite hatred in us, then we will lure in the Grimm and destroy ourselves.

Robyn: Salem herself does not work alone. Her minions have invaded our very city.

Ironwood: Arthur Watts and Tyrian Callows.

Ironwood: These men are the ones responsible for the recent murders in Mantle and for sabotaging the heating grid.

Karen and I launch three Aura Arcs cutting down two charging Megoliath.

Ironwood: But we cannot let ourselves give in to fear and panic. That is what she wants!

Ironwood: Instead, we must unite, and fight back, together. Every single one of us!

Ironwood: This, my friends, is why I was forced to divert resources from Mantle - for the Amity Communication Tower.

Ironwood: Amity Tower is now completed and ready to launch. It will re-establish all global communications.