Chapter 10 Redux: Last Act

3rd Person POV:

Y/N awakens to find herself in a dark void, which is only occupied by falling black snowflakes.

She attempts to move as only the sounds of chains rustling can be heard throughout the void. The black-haired girl looks to see both her arms and legs are binded by chains made of black ice.

Y/N: Chains? (remembers the instances she's formed chains using her semblance) Right, this isn't the first time I've seen them.

She tries to break free from her bindings using her Aura, only for no energy to radiate off her.

Y/N: I...can't use my Aura?

???: That's right.

Y/N is left face-to-face with her jester personality as the now silver-haired girl can't help but take a moment to admire how beautiful she is

???: I have to admit, lowering your body's own temperature to the point it would kill you was quite clever.

???: After our talk last night, I didn't expect you to fight back like that.

Y/N: I...wanted to stop you from hurting anyone.

Y/N: The moments you take control over my body I always feel myself being overwhelmed by this strong surge of killing intent. And when I regain control of my body, there's always corpses of Grimm around me.

???: Those were my acts meant for your entertainment since I am your jester.

Y/N: "Jester"?

???: In this world, you are the ruler and for the past three years I have been left to play the role of jester.

???: However, that role ends now. For you will disappear from this world and I'll become the ruler.

Y/N: B-But how? Shouldn't I be dead?

???: Consider it a curse provided by your friends.

Meanwhile in the real world, Team RWBY can be seen entering a medical room as Y/N is seen lying on a hospital bed hooked up to a life support system.

Ruby: We're back Y/N. (places a bunch of sweets next to a small table next to her bed)

Yang: She looks a little bit better than she did yesterday.

Weiss: Hopefully, she'll wake up soon.

Blake: This is my fault. She got hurt trying to look for me.

Ruby: Don't blame yourself Blake. I've known for a while now that something been bothering Y/N.

Ruby: I tried to get her to talk about it but she always said she was fine. As leader, I should've tried harder to get her to open up to me.