Chapter 4 Redux: The Initiation

3rd Person POV:

Amongst the many applicants descending upon a large forest beneath the cliffside of Beacon Academy, Y/N is seen descending at high speeds as the black haired girl is currently in a trance-like state.

Y/N: (sing-song within her head) Fall~ Fall~ Falling Snowflakes~ Fall~ Fall~ Falling Snowflakes~ Fall~ Fall~ Falling Snowflakes~ Amongst the many falling snowflakes, will I be the lucky one and fade~?

Her descent continues on as Y/N is getting closer and closer to the ground, before the black haired girl makes contact her Aura increases as a cold air starts coming off her.

Suddenly, chains of black ice form around her arms. The chains reach out for two nearby tree branches as they wrap around them, this results in Y/N's descent abruptly stopping securing her safety.

Y/N: (snapping out of her trance) Huh? Wait, how did I get here?

She looks around as she sees the chains of black ice, her semblance deactivates as the chains dissapper resulting in Y/N falling on her butt.

Y/N: Ow! (stands back up before looking down as Aura is seen radiating off her hands) Chains? I've never really made anything like that before...

Before she could question it further multiple growls are heard within the forest, Y/N unsheathes her weapons as a pack of four Beowolves lunge at her.

The first wolf-like creature swipes its claws at Y/N, who manages to avoid it by stepping back. The black haired girl proceeds to activate her Semblance as small path of ice spikes appear, the attack pierces through the Beowolf's skull, killing off the creature.

Two more Beowolves lunge at Y/N together, their prey simply avoids the attacks before changing her blades into their gun form. She fires off a barrage of bullets as the two Grimm are bombarded with the projectiles.

Now with only one Beowolf remaining, Y/N uses her semblance to trap the wolf-like creature in ice as only the Grimm's head is left unfrozen.

Y/N: (to the Grimm) I always hated Beowolves the most...(readies her blades) Might as well have fun destroying you piece by piece.

For the first time, Y/N has an expression of pure hatred as the black haired girl slashes the Beowolf's legs clean off, the creature falls to the ground while letting out a howl of pain. It tries to crawl away as Y/N steps on its chest and slashes the Grimm's arms off, the Beowolf continues to squirm in agony as Y/N forms a sadistic smile, a chill runs up the Grimm's remains as its suddenly impaled by multiple spikes of black ice.

The Grimm is dead silent as it slowly fades into nothingness, the ice begins to fade as well leaving snow particles to fall around Y/N.

Y/N: (puts her hood up) It's been awhile since I acted like that, guess I wanted to blow off some steam.

Meanwhile, the other applicants are seen descending in their own way as Ruby crashes into a bird leaving it as a burst of feathers while the silver eyed girl continues to fall.

Ruby: Birdie, no!

She fires off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow her down, then turns the weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downward at a slower pace.

Weiss, armed with Myrtenaster, summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below. Ren is seen descending alongside Nora, who's seen plummeting at a much higher speed as he spins in the air, eventually using StormFlower's blades to spiral around the trunk of a large tree and hit the ground, brushing off his clothes before looking up to see the other applicants landing strategies.