Warnings

The next morning came with a rush of visitors and exams. I was waiting for a few visitors in particular, but I hadn't seen a single one. It was late afternoon and I sat in the chair rocking Kaine as I looked out the window. Again, my body didn't seem like it wanted to produce milk, likely the stress of the labor. Sakura assured me they could collect donor milk and that Kaine would be just fine. I still felt like a failure, all over again, but as long as he was fed, that was all that mattered.

I've cried at least five times today, unable to hold back the tears as I peered down at the bundled baby in my arms. Obito. I would mumble and then the tears would just flow. I missed him, my body needed his touch, my ears needed his words and my lips needed his kiss. I was being selfish, even though I knew I shouldn't be. He picked Rin over me, that was the irrational thought that plagued my mind. I wasn't good enough, again, irrational thoughts.

A soft knock broke my thoughts and I looked to the door as it slid open, "Thank Kami." The blonde hair and blue eyes made me see our father all over again and the tears brimmed.

"Damn hormones," I mumbled as I looked away, trying to wipe my eyes.

"Are you okay?" Naruto rushed to my side and I heard a second set of feet enter the room.

"I'm fine, the hormones are making me emotional," I replied as I smiled up at him. "Want to hold him?" I lifted Kain slightly to gesture towards him.

"I-uh-" Naruto laughed nervously.

"How about you, Hinata?" I looked to the beautiful woman beside him. She's grown so much, and the confidence she now holds radiates off of her.

"Yes, if you don't mind," she smiled and reached for Kaine.

"Not at all, I can go for a short walk," I stood up slowly and motioned for her to sit.

Naruto stood beside Hinata and bent over slightly to see Kaine's face, "He looks so much like Obito."

"I know, it's kind of eerie," I said quietly.

"We would've been here sooner, but we had a meeting," Naruto changed the subject, perhaps sensing my unease.

"You're all busy Shinobi, I understand," I smiled and turned to walk away slowly, "I'm just going to the restroom." I heard a noise of acknowledgment as I walked to the small room.

I closed and locked the door and analyzed myself in the mirror as I leaned on the counter. It's been a day but my large belly is almost completely gone. My skin tone was almost normal and I was feeling more like myself. I lifted my gown and pulled my panties down slightly to see the scar. Tsunade traced the one Asa had used for Raiu and it really didn't look any different. It was glued closed and it would be barely noticed in a couple of months. Another scar to wear proudly, though not many would see it. Or would anyone at all?

This deep, black, pit of despair opened up and I wanted to dive down as deep as I could. Ah yes, the familiar fake facade being pulled on and the smile of innocence and happiness in place. Deep inside the darkness engulfed me, a raging rapid of turmoil and pain. My life as ANBU working alone would return and I'd be myself again. My sons would be cared for and I would be doing what I do best: avoiding the truth, avoiding emotions, and avoiding people.

I could hear more people talking in my room so I hurriedly did my business and washed my hands and face. I slowly opened the door and the voices hit my ears clearly. Naruto was agitated but trying to keep his voice hushed due to Kaine sleeping. Kakashi was trying to reason with Naruto, which meant I knew who else was in the room. Jade.

I opened the door fully and confirmed my suspicions, "Naruto, calm down, I told her she could come." I spoke as I walked out of the bathroom slowly.