Uchiha

So much has happened. So much death. So much destruction. So much heartbreak. Obito came home with another name, another life ending too soon. Now, some of them meant nothing to me, okay, they meant something, but they didn't hurt. Orochimaru- no love lost there. Danzo- I prayed to Kami every night he'd be killed, thank you Sasuke.

Itachi. He was like a brother to me for so long. I cherished him as I cherish Naruto, and even Sasuke. Obito said that Itachi was dying anyway, there was nothing he, or anyone, could do. That doesn't make me hurt any less, that doesn't make me miss him any less. He was precious to me, important to me and he always will be.

Pein's attack on Konoha was shocking, and to hear of the destruction he caused, I wanted nothing more than to go to them, but I couldn't. I wasn't sure how I would be received if I appeared at the village, but Obito also wouldn't let me leave. He was becoming more and more protective of me and Raiu, saying that he needed us safe, from everyone. He was becoming paranoid it seemed, and I didn't know why.

The Akatsuki was disbanded, everyone dying. Pein,
Konan, who Obito killed. Kisame, Itachi and of course Kakuzu and Hidan. While none of this really mattered to me, aside from Itachi, but, it effected Obito, so it effected me. Obito was becoming distant and quiet, he was home less and less. Raiu was getting upset when Obito left, he was starting to really get used to his presence I suppose.

I had been trying to avoid him calling Obito 'dada' because I wasn't sure how he would take it. I've managed so far, but I don't think I can keep it up forever. It's like he knew the man was taking care of us, but wasn't sure he was his father. Rowan has given me a lecture before returning to his pack a couple of weeks sooner than normal, there was an issue he needed to attend to, so it was just me and Raiu, aside from Asa's visits every two weeks.

We were already in July, the middle of the month, meaning summer was barreling down on us. This seemed to be a scorching one, sweating beading as I trained while Raiu napped. The seals around the compound, as I called it, felt all the more restricting today. To keep people out: was what Obito always said, but we all know it was to keep me in. And hidden away. I summoned a strong breeze and let the cooling air brush over my damp skin.

"You could just make it rain." Obito's voice caught me off guard, one of the few who could truly sneak up on me.

"Raiu is still sensitive to my storms, they make him uneasy." I answered as I turned around.

I tilted my head and observed him, cloak and mask already discarded somewhere I didn't know of. His body rigid with tension and angst, as well as anger and uncertainty. His lone eye drank me in, we haven't seen each other in a couple of months now, we were arguing the last time he left. I straightened up and walked to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head upon his chest.

"I'm sorry, Bito." I sighed as I inhaled his scent.

Obito's hands rubbed my back before one tangled into my hair and the other wrapped around me. I heard him take a deep breath, trying to ease himself. "I'm sorry, love."

"How long this time?" I didn't pull away.

"I'll be here a few days."

"Asa will be here soon, maybe she can take Raiu into the village for a day or two?" I put my chin on his chest, looking up to him.

"Is that what you want?" Obito asked as he rushed his knuckles over my cheek.

"I've missed you."

He smiled lightly and leaned down, lips ghostly close to mine. "I've missed you, love."

The soft and tender kiss was interrupted by a child yelling for 'mama' and we broke away. "I'll get him dressed and bring him out for a bit. Can we walk down to the creek?"