Fate

"Don't ever leave me again."

Did the man realize the gravity in his words? Did he even stop to think before he said them? Did he wonder what the woman would feel upon hearing them? There's no way, none at all, that he could know what she was feeling as she was plunged into that dark void. Nor the feelings she felt upon seeing Minato, seeing her mother for the first time in over twenty years, seeing their daughter who somehow is still growing into a beautiful little girl, nor seeing Obito one last time. The feeling for being pulled from that void, thinking Obito was giving her a final shove into the living world again, when in fact it was Kakashi who pulled her back in.

Kakashi.

Those onyx eyes, so different from Obito's. Was it wrong of her to compare them? Probably so, but when she saw Obito's eyes, she felt... warm and fuzzy, safe, and secure. When she saw Kakashi's eyes, she felt a feverish fire spread across her body and she felt alive and it was as if she could rule the world. She still felt safe and secure within his arms, but it was a contentment that filled her that she never truly felt with Obito.

That unruly hair of his that he had cut, and she actually much preferred it this way. That scar that she traced so many times with her eyes, and not enough with her thumb or mouth. His beauty mark that their daughter shared with him, but not their son. His perfect jawline that she itched to caress and then let her fingertips trace down his neck. His body, so pure in her eyes, littered with scars, small and large, and his single tattoo showing his reign in the ANBU.

It was wrong, so, so wrong that her mind and body betrayed her, but deep down, she knew she'd never get away from these emotions and feelings. The way her body itched to be pressed to his. Her lips tingled in memory of the way his lips fit against her own her core ached with the need to be filled by him. A knot twisted in her stomach that only he could untie. Her heart was sheathed in the dark abyss once again and he was the only one that could shatter that rock hard covering she had placed there. Her souls couldn't be lit by another man, and it destroyed her to no end that that was the case.

She realized all of this, every fiber of her being on edge, as he pulled away from her. His mask was down and hitia-ate missing, even his vest was off, as he crouched beside her and pressed his head to the bed. She could see the relief as his body relaxed even though his shoulders shook as he cried. She wanted to comfort him, but she couldn't seem to move her body. She made a noise, a croak almost and he looked up to her, eyes bloodshot and face wet with tears.

"Hold on," he rasped as he stood and reached for the bedside table where a cup of water sat. A straw was shoved into the glass in haste and he presented her with the open end. "Slow down so you don't get sick." The concern in his voice had a small trace of amusement as he scolded her lightly.

"Kaine," she managed to say as she let her head drop back to the pillow.

"Sakura took him to the nursery while they got you prepped for a blood transfusion. Naruto let a little while ago, he's the one who gave blood." Kakashi moved a chair as he spoke, keeping his back to the door so he could leave his mask down, hoping she would find comfort in it.

"H-he's okay?" She sounded exhausted and she should likely be asleep, but Kakashi didn't want her to slip away again, so he selfishly wanted to keep her awake.

He took her hand into his and squeezed, "He's perfectly healthy."

Her own tears slid down onto the pillow and awkwardly down over nose and small thud as they hit the pillow as well. She screwed her eyes shut as she let the sobs fill the quiet room. Her storm stalled outside, sitting, and waiting for her emotions to make it dance as she wished. The clouds opened and a steady rain fell as she felt the relief wash over her as well as the warmth from Kakashi's body as he leaned over the bed and wrapped an arm around her.