Omake: Uchiha Obito

Começar do início

Pulled from the clutches of death, Obito's body was broken. The old man—Uchiha Madara— made up half of his body, using white zetsu body parts to save him.

He was grateful to Madara. He owed him his life. He was forever in his debt. Obito was eager to recover, training and doing his best to get back on his feet.

For months, Obito trained. Soon the eighth month came, in the winter time as Madara seemed to be sleeping for much longer. The man would die soon, it seemed.

Zetsu told him he could soon see his friends, and led him outside.

He sure saw his friends.

He saw Rin's life at its end.

And he swore revenge on Kakashi.

Obito looked down at the silent, peacefully sleeping baby in the crib. Anxiously, he glanced at the sleeping Shisui on the bed beside her and pressed his lips together.

He quickly shook Shisui awake, casting a small genjutsu over himself to make him look like Grandmother.

"Grandma?" The boy asked sleepily, blinking blearily. "Is my nap over now?"

Obito tried to smile. "Take.." what was she called? He sighed, racking his brain. "Take your sister to the safe houses," he told the child firmly. "There's an attack going on."

Shisui's eyes widened, frantically getting up and picking up the infant. "What're you gonna do, Grandma?"

"I will.. don't worry about me. I will be fine, Shisui-chan, I promise."

Shisui nodded, squeezing his eyes shut and body flickering away.

Obito noted this rather proudly, before realising he had somewhere to be, quickly swirling away back to where Kushina had just given birth.

Family first, right?

Yeah. Family first.

No matter what.

The next time he saw the child, she was seven. His beloved baby brother was unconscious, bleeding and eyeless. He watched silently, guilt clawing at his heart as she sobbed and healed him with her little medical knowledge.

"Do not be afraid, Imouto," Obito murmured reassuringly as she stared up at his masked face with wide, terrified eyes. "I am your brother. I will keep you safe, no matter what."

Obito was not a sane man. He was open to the ideals of a psycho, taking his plans and ideals in stride due to the sweet words and reassurances, the promises and all the things Madara had sworn.

Madara had planned Rin's death.

Obito would never know that. Never. He would be completely, utterly oblivious to the fact. It was all Kakashi's fault. Kakashi was the culprit. Kakashi was the one to blame.

No matter who told him otherwise. No matter the reasons or evidence presented to him.

No matter what, Kakashi was the one responsible.

No one could convince him otherwise.

Uchiha Miyuki was a fool very.. emotionally attached. Obito didn't realise this for years. Captivated by his plans, he never noticed Miyuki's reluctance to abandoning her home. Miyuki's reluctance to abandoning her friends.

Obito had trained her from a young age to follow Madara.

That was why he couldn't do the same with Shisui. Itachi, one of the strongest men of all time, was afraid of Shisui's sheer power. Shisui was too loyal to Konoha to possibly endanger it.

Obito didn't have the heart to place a permanent genjutsu on his brain.

Madara did, though. Obito had promptly ignored the pounding headache he always had, only stopping to rest when it got too distracting or painful.

Miyuki had voiced her doubts very quietly when he asked if she needed anything to say.

"I will protect you," Obito repeated, sincerity lacing his words. "No matter what."

Miyuki didn't need protecting.

Miyuki was the protector.

She always had been.

She was a shield.

"Susanoo," Miyuki whispered to herself, purple chakra encasing her and lifting her above the ground. A huge, armoured chakra being stood before Obito, staring down at the rest of the shinobi alliance.

Sasuke's susanoo readied its bow, pulling back the arrow as Miyuki's brought up its shield.

ProtectorProtectorProtectorProtectorProtectHer.

Uchiha Obito was gone, trapped in his own mind.

Foolish boy. How dare you try to defy me?

You should never have defied my orders. This is your own doing, boy.

Don't you dare hurt her! If you hurt her, I swear I'll-

What? Do what? You're not even in control of your own body, you fool. You are naive. You are nothing but a piece in my plan of releasing the curse of hatred.

I just didn't want anyone else to go through what I did! You told me no one else would go through it!

Listen, boy. It may just be a life lesson.

You cannot trust anyone.

Madara smirked, eyes trailing to the Kyuubi jinchuuriki, eyes half lidded. The boy seemed to be struggling, confused.

"Naruto, attack her!" Sasuke barked, eyes burning into the masked girl's own.

Obito reached up to his temples, tears in his eyes as he desperately tried to get out of his mind, to break out.

It took what felt like weeks. Months. Years.

It took less than an hour, concentrating as hard as he could as he ignored the sound of his imouto's fight.

Miyuki stepped back, susanoo dissipating as her hands reached up for Obito's—Madara's temples, bursting chakra into his head.

Madara desperately slapped her hands away.

"Release!" She cried out, leaping backwards.

Obito stumbled, eyes wide as Naruto launched himself at him, rasengan in hand as he let out a war cry.

Miyuki leapt in front of him, rasengan connecting with the front of her mask and shattering it, pieces falling to the floor.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

But his life was dedicated to it. He had worked his life away for this. His plan would go through, no matter what.

No matter what.

He felt his mask drop from his face, clattering to the floor from his spot in the air.

"I-Is that really you... Obito?"

"M-Miyuki-chan?"