Chapter 41

« Time Skip »

Three years.

Three years since Miyuki's death. Three years since he failed. Three years since the name Uchiha Miyuki was engraved on the KIA stone.

The jounin Uchiha Sasuke turned 16 today.

Naruto was coming home soon, but hell was Sasuke lonely. Shisui had left ANBU and became a jounin sensei, leading the genin team consisting of Konohamaru, Udon and Moegi.

Shisui was coping about as well as he could. He usually distracted himself from thinking about her when on the job, yet he ended up sitting in front of the KIA stone for hours on end.

Those hours were nothing compared to how much time Kakashi spent at the stone. The man constantly blamed himself for Miyuki's death, so much that it pained him to even look at other Uchiha.

It annoyed Sasuke.

Kakashi was so selfish to think that he was responsible for Miyuki's death. That he was the reason for it.

Miyuki died for the village, not him. How dare he think that Miyuki would give her life for someone like him? Miyuki didn't even like Kakashi!

Idiot.

Now he was just waiting for the Dobe.

...Sasuke hoped he was okay.

::

Naruto was excited. He was finally, finally coming back home to the leaf village, with his awesome new techniques that he could rub in Sasuke's face. Miyuki would-

Miyuki would...

Miyuki..

Sasuke-teme was a jounin now, much to his despair. Apparently he was the only person in the Konoha tw- eleven that was still a genin.

It wasn't fair! It wasn't like he was there for the chunin exams. Plus, he should have totally been promoted if it hadn't been for the invasion.

Naruto huffed, rolling his eyes at ero-sennin's drooling face.

"Come on, Ero-sennin, we're here to go to Konoha, not ogle naked ladies," he snorted.

"Come onnnn Naru-chan!" Jiraiya whined, wiping his nosebleed.

Naruto bit his lip.

Miyuki used to call him that.

"No. We gotta go now!"

Jiraiya groaned, sticking his tongue out at Naruto and beginning to walk next to him instead of looking at the ladies in the post-town they were passing through.

Brat.

::

Shisui was coping.

Not very well, but he was coping.

He loved his genin team, and they loved him too since he was so amazingly, fantabulously awesome—Miyuki's words, not his.