Chapter 31

« What. »

"What."

"That was weird. Uh. Bye."

Obito spluttered, getting up and grabbing her arm. "Explain!"

Her eyes went unfocused for a moment. Obito frowned. Had the purple contacts always looked this muted?

"I'm fine," she said softly. "Really."

Obito paused. For someone with a voice so sharp, her words were unusually soft. In fact, her tone reminded him a little of-

He shook his head. "If you say so.."

::

"I want to die," Miyuki commented casually. Deidara choked, sputtering nonsense in response. "Oh, this one's cute!" She smiled, picking out a soft blue hoodie with sleeves that were blue in the top half and white in the bottom.

After picking out a couple outfits and new shinobi wear (Miyuki has walked straight into the ninja equivalent of Victoria's Secret and Deidara had screamed), they set back off the the base.

"What?" She muttered as she dodged a kunai. Miyuki groaned. "Piss off, bastards. Go home to your mommy."

A barrage of senbon came at her next, badly aimed. She dodged easily, grabbing a few and storing them in her pouch after spotting a purple liquid dripping from them.

"Yuu-chan?" Deidara asked. "Are you okay?"

She nodded. "Mhm. Oi, come out, you shits. I can't be bothered with this today."

No one came out, but she could feel their chakra clear as day. She sweatdropped.

She inhaled.

"I SAID COME OUT!"

At the end of the day, it's kill or be killed.

Miyuki now carries around two sealing scrolls with dead bodies inside. She says she'll dispose of them later but she never does. Honestly. Queen of procrastination. I'd never do something like that.

AHEM. Anyways, Deidara kept following her around like the lovesick puppy he is which is so sad honestly.

"Deidara-kun," Miyuki muttered, hitting her head on the door repeatedly. "Stop following me around? I've got blood dripping down my leg and you just tried to follow me into the bathroom."

He ran away with a red face. What a dork.

Miyuki snorted.

She shook her head, stuffing some advil in her mouth and downing a glass of water.

She kept feeling something. She didn't like it. It felt horrible. She felt horrible.

(Guilt.)

Guilt. She'd never felt guilt before, right? Why was she feeling it now?

She sat down on the side of the bath, massaging her temples.

She didn't like this.

Not one bit.