Omake: Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke was dependent.

Sasuke has always depended on other people. Latched onto them. Clinged to them like a lifeline. They were a comfort to him.

His big brother was strong. He was happy about that. He didn't have to worry about his big brother getting hurt.

He couldn't imagine a world where he didn't have someone to depend on.

He couldn't imagine a world where he didn't have a goal, either.

At first his goal was to make his father notice him. His father never paid attention to him, only focusing on his firstborn child, Itachi, the prodigy of the Uchiha clan.

He just wanted to be acknowledged.

Itachi rarely had free time to spare, but whenever he did he would try spend time with Sasuke.

It was one of those days that he met her.

He was four.

Sasuke was ecstatic. His brother had offered to take him out for the day, they were going to train, and then he wanted Sasuke to meet someone.

His training had gone relatively well. Itachi was awesome, in his opinion. He was so strong. Capable.

Independent.

"Yo, Itachi-chan."

Itachi glanced up before his mouth curved up into a small smile.

"Good morning, Shisui."

Sasuke flipped around and looked up at Itachi in confusion, following his gaze to a boy with curly black hair and a bright grin on his face.

Clutching onto his left leg was a girl his own age, smiling softly.

"Hi," Sasuke has greeted lowly in an attempt to be like his brother. This elicited a giggle from the girl, her eyes shining with amusement.

"Hi!" She had greeted back. "My name's Miyuki."

"Hn. S-Sasuke."

Shisui snorted. "Go train or play or whatever kids like to do."

Sasuke lit up. "D'you maybe wanna go t'the playground with me?" He asked shyly, a smile blooming across his face. Miyuki nodded in response, laughing quietly to herself at the drastic change in Sasuke's personality.

They'd meet up often after that, usually when Shisui was out with Itachi or when the two were on missions.

Miyuki was a very easygoing person, much lighter than most other Uchiha. Considering Shisui was her brother, Sasuke was hardly surprised.

One of Sasuke's favourite things about her was her talent for storytelling. She was incredible, weaving stories about ninja and missions, so full of emotion that he couldn't help feeling it too. She laughed a lot—he was convinced her laugh was contagious because no matter how hard he tried not to, he always laughed when she did too.

She was always there for him, always able to talk, to play, to simply be there when he needed her. His family could hardly provide that, with Itachi going on missions and his father borderline ignoring him. He wouldn't want to bother his mother either, knowing that she might get upset. He'd also get stuck doing chores whilst he talked, too, and that was a big no-no.

Miyuki just seemed to be an anchor. A beacon of light. Someone he desperately wanted to hold onto.

And he would make sure she would hold onto him, too.

No no no no no no no.

This wasn't right no no, this wasn't right at all.

This was not right. This. Was. Not. Right. It wasn't happening.