Chapter 17

« Exam Time »

Watching Kabuto get dragged away was the highlight of Miyuki's day.

Getting her seat number, 28, Miyuki went into the examination room and sat down, feeling bored. A grin formed on her face when a grass ninja glared at her slightly.

Resting her chin on her hand, her eyes scanned the room. One ear listened to Ibiki's explanation, while the other concentrated on her thoughts.

The whole cheating thing was way too over exaggerated. He might as well have said that they had to cheat. It couldn't be any more transparent.

But the point was that it wasn't about not getting caught, but how well you could cheat.

"Time starts...now."

Immediately, her gaze flickered around the room to land on Sasuke. His sharingan was on. Good choice.

Miyuki looked in front of her. Naruto was directly there, next to Hinata. She felt herself smirk. Excellent.

Forming a couple handsigns under the desk with one hand, Miyuki directed her line of sight on Naruto's paper. The boy was stunted academically, so it was the least she could do to help him.

Bringing her right hand back onto the table, she flipped over her paper, picked up her pen and began writing.

The first question was a code, making her roll her eyes. Deciphering codes was easy, in her opinion. Eventually, she figured out it was something to do with the numbers before each word. Her face lit up when she deciphered it, quickly writing it down.

Naruto was gaping at his paper. Words were writing themselves down on it, neat kanji letters being printed in the first question box.

Then came the second. And the third. The fourth, the fifth, the sixth. All the way up to question nine. It was crazy, if you asked him. How'd his test answer itself? As the ink on the ninth question finished, in the corner of the paper was a simple message.

You're welcome. -Miyuki U.

His jaw dropped as he looked behind him, seeing the girl with a small smirk on her face put her head between her arms on the table and began to sleep.

About 10 minutes later, Miyuki was interrupted. "Oi, 28!"

She yawned, looking up. "Yes, sir."

"What do you think you're doing?" He asked, crossing his arms disapprovingly.

"Sleeping, sir."

Ibiki's eye twitched. "Why?"

She yawned again. "I finished ages ago, sir."

"Really?" Ibiki mused. "Mind if I check your paper?"

"Sure," she shrugged. "Don't let me distract the others."

Ibiki snatched up her paper, eyes scanning over every question carefully. There was a splotch of ink right in the corner, which could easily just have been accidental.

He set it back down, clicking his tongue as Miyuki basically slammed her head back onto the desk. He could see how she definitely needed it. The bags under her eyes were prominent.

Wasn't she the one who..?

He made a note to contact Kakashi to ask why the hell she was wasn't in therapy.

::

"Now it's time for the 10th question," Ibiki announced. "You can choose whether or not to answer it. If you choose to answer and get it wrong, you can't take the chunin exams ever again. If you choose not to, you can come back next year, but your teammates fail alongside you. Choose wisely."

Several people rose their hands and left, some crying, some looking furious. Miyuki yawned.

"Anyone else?" Ibiki asked.

No one raised their hands.

"Well then, those who stayed, you pass the written test."

::

"You passed?" He asked gleefully. "Good job!"

"It was only the written test!" Miyuki scowled bashfully. "I did get someone thrown into T&I, though. How fun."

He snorted. "Sounds like you. What'd he do?"

"He had these information cards. The first card he showed us was all about the mission experience, but when he showed mine it was heavily detailed," she rolled her eyes.

"And now you've got the forest of death," he twitched. "Even I didn't like going there."

"You're a pussy."

He spluttered. "ExCUSE ME-?!"

::

"Nii-san, I passed the first test," Miyuki called happily, leaping into his arms. Obito chuckled.

"Well done, Miyuki-chan. I'm proud of you."

Her face lit up red, his words making her smile. "A-Ano..it was nothing. We have the next part tomorrow."

Obito grinned. "Kick ass, Miyu-chan."

"I will."

A/N
Short chapter, I know. Forest of death next chapter!

~Author-Nee