Chapter 16

« Chunin Exams »

"Who was that?"

"I swear to kami nii-chan-"

::

As Team 7 walked up the stairs, they were suddenly ambushed by a boy in green spandex, his eyebrows furrowed and a blush on his face.

"Hel-lo!" He greeted youthfully. "My name is Rock Lee! You must me Uchiha Miyuki, right?"

Miyuki shifted uncomfortably at his close proximity, her heart thundering dangerously in her chest.

"Oi," Sasuke hissed. "Personal space."

Lee jumped back a little. "I apologise! I came to ask if you would like to be my girlfriend! I will protect you with my life!"

The room went silent, killer intent escaping Naruto and Sasuke in waves. Miyuki was staying wide eyed at him, uncertainly trying to step back when she realised she'd been cornered into a wall.

As soon as Miyuki stopped breathing he knew something was wrong. He could practically hear her heartbeat from where he was standing, and much to his despair, he knew what she was experiencing.

Sasuke grabbed her arm and pulled her behind him, scowling. "You've got quite the nerve, Rock Lee."

"Lee!" Tenten appeared beside the confused looking boy. "We told you not to!"

"You're an idiot," Neji scolded harshly. "You know what happened to her."

Naruto ushered the two Uchiha up the stairs, glaring at Team Gai in the process.

This was not a good start.

::

"Hey, Sasuke-kun, Miyuki," Ino greeted, leaping at Sasuke and clinging onto his back in a hug, giggling.

"What a drag..." Shikamaru yawned, glancing over at Miyuki. She was looking rather shaken, her face pale. "What's up with Miyuki?"

Naruto frowned. "Some weird guy with a bowl cut made her have a panic attack after asking her out."

Shikamaru blinked. "She okay?"

"Fantastic," she muttered, snorting. She went off to the side and sat down next to Hinata who had anxiously separated from the rest. "They're being really loud."

Kiba appeared, shouting as usual, resulting in more shouting, courtesy of our lovely Naru-chan, before a teen with silver hair came up to them, his glasses glinting.

"You might wanna try keeping it down a little. I mean, no offense, but you're the 9 rookies, right? Fresh outta the academy? I wouldn't go making a spectacle of yourselves. Just cool it."

Miyuki rolled her eyes. "There's only two that are making a fool of themselves."

The mystery guy just laughed her off with a wave of his hand and said quickly, "I'm Kabuto Yakushi. Anyway, that's not the point. Really, look around you. You've made quite an impression."

Facing the ninja that were glaring at them, Miyuki rolled her eyes yet again.

"See those guys? They're from the Hidden Rain, very touchy, they all are. This exam makes everyone tense, and you don't want to rub them the wrong way, right now." Kabuto closed his eyes as he let a haughty smirk onto his features and half-bragged, half-informed the rest of them.