Chapter 2

«Kakashi»

"Well, my first impression of you three? I hate..you..." Kakashi faltered, noticing the pure hatred on the face of the only kunoichi on his team.

Geez, what'd he do?

Even Sasuke looked mildly uncomfortable at the glare she was sending the Hatake, not used to seeing such a face on her usually cheerful self.

Miyuki looked away and clicked her tongue, pulling up her high collar to cover what was around her neck.

"Uhm, okay then. Meet me on the roof."

He then disappeared.

Slowly, Miyuki got up, her face smoothing out into a half-hearted grin. She held out both arms. "Shall we?"

Sasuke tch'd and grabbed onto her arm and Naruto stared at her in confusion.

"Just grab her arm, dobe."

He did as much, so Miyuki sighed. "Keep your breakfast in."

They shunshinned away, Naruto letting out a shriek of surprise in the process.

They reappeared on the roof, Miyuki looking relatively sick while Naruto only dizzy. Sasuke tilted his head. "You're getting better."

Miyuki laughed. "Better at making myself nauseous."

Naruto was still dizzy and collapsed onto the ground. Miyuki followed suit, sitting to keep her dignity and Sasuke somehow elegantly dropped into a sitting position, arms crossed in front of his face to make his signature thinking pose.

"Well, how about we introduce ourselves?" Kakashi suggested.

"You go first. I wanna know why Miyuki hates you so much!" Naruto said bluntly.

So even the dead last noticed it. Great.

Kakashi cleared his throat awkwardly. "My name is Hatake Kakashi. I'm the type of guy who doesn't talk about his likes and dislikes. My dream for the future? I've never really thought about it. And my hobbies?" He hummed. "I have lots of hobbies."

'Like killing my nii-san's loved ones.'

"You go next," he prompted, pointing at Naruto as if he hadn't read all of their files beforehand. In truth, he wanted to know what was up with the two Uchihas.

He ignored the fact that his Sensei's son was sitting right in front of him.

"Right! My name's Uzumaki Naruto, 'ttebayo! I like ramen, especially Ichiraku's! My hobbies are pranks and comparing different types of ramen! My dislikes are the three minutes you have to wait when making cup ramen. And my dream for the future is to become Hokage, so everyone in the village will accept me and treat me like I'm someone important!"

Miyuki noted the last part to ask her brother about later. She didn't understand the blatant disrespect and hate towards Naruto.

"You next," Kakashi gestured to Sasuke.

"My name...is Uchiha Sasuke. I don't particularly like anything," Miyuki looked mildly offended but grinned good-naturedly. "And I hate almost everything. I don't have any hobbies, and my dream is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I want to restore my clan, and kill a certain someone."

"And finally, the kunoichi," Kakashi ended.

"I don't want to introduce myself to the likes of you," she scowled. "But I'll do it for my team. My name is Uchiha Miyuki. I like training," and nii-san, "and I don't like a lot of things," like people who hurt my nii-san. "My dream for the future is to become the strongest kunoichi so that I can protect my loved ones from someone."

A silence followed her words. Kakashi wondered why she hated him so much, slight hurt flashing through him. He didn't get why it affected him. He was going to fail them all anyways.

Miyuki leaned forward slightly, her collar falling down, and Kakashi's breath hitched, his lone eye staring straight at the pair of bright orange goggles around her neck.

The girl followed his gaze to the goggles and shot him a look, playing it off. "My eyes are up here," she drawled.

Kakashi's gaze snapped up in embarrassment.

"I..believe we all understand one another. Formal training begins tomorrow."

"Yes, sir!" Naruto exclaimed. "What will our duties be?! Our first real shinobi mission!"

"Our first project involves only the members of this cell," Kakashi drawled, crossing his arms and sitting back on the railing.

"What is it? What?!" The Uzumaki yelled in anticipation.

"Survival exercises."

"Survival exercises?" Naruto echoed. "No fair! Our school days were full of survival training."

"But you'll have to survive... against me."

Kakashi took note of how Miyuki stiffened and glared at him.

"It won't be your typical practice."

"Well, then, what kind of practice will it be?"

Kakashi chuckled darkly. "If I told you, you'd chicken out."

"Why?" Naruto questioned suspiciously.

"Of the 27 members of your graduating class, only 9 will actually be accepted as genin. The other 18 must go back for more training. The test we are about to perform has a 66% rate of failure."

Miyuki sighed. "Isn't that common knowledge?"

Kakashi sweatdropped.

There was a ten second silence. Before Naruto spoke up, anger etched onto his face.

"THAT SUCKS!!! WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH HELL! WHAT ABOUT OUR GRADUATION TEST?!"

"Oh, we wanted to eliminate all hopeless cases from your ranks. The ones who are left are the only students who show true potential."

"Say wHAT?!" Naruto screeched.

"Then why have us perform an E-Ranked jutsu for the graduation exam?" Miyuki interrupted. "Everyone in our class passed. Almost no one in our class actually has potential. People like Naruto can't do that. It's virtually impossible to do such a low level jutsu with his chakra levels."

Kakashi blinked, eyebrows raising. He hadn't thought about that.

"That was up to the Hokage and the academy instructors."

"Then why would the Hokage make us do that? Implanting false hope into little child soldiers?"

Kakashi paused, taking it into account. "..You're not wrong. Maybe I'll mention it to the Hokage later. Anyways! Meet me at 6am at training ground 7 for the test. Oh, and I suggest you don't eat. You might throw up."

He then disappeared.

~~~~

As Sasuke and Miyuki walked home, the former turned to her. "I've been wondering. Why did that man spare you?"

Miyuki looked up at the sunset, watching the red clouds drift along.

"...No clue. He didn't spare me. His accomplice did."

Sasuke frowned. "Accomplice?"

"Do you really think he killed the whole clan without help? I mean, we did have a police force, y'know."

Sasuke sighed.

"I don't know. Never mind. See you tomorrow, Miyu."

She rose an eyebrow.

"Night, Sasuke."