Chapter 23- Not a size 0

Start from the beginning

"Plus you're a total babe" He jokes.

"JJ" I playfully slap his arm. We walk out and meet the group hanging around the fire. Everyone is drinking beer, well besides me. We sit around the fire for hours. We play some music, dance, and have one of the best nights of our lifes. Just us- The pogues- My family. And in this moment it felt like nothing could hurt us. After a while everyone seperates. Sara goes home for the night, Pope and Kie sleep on the pullout and John b goes to his room. JJ and I decide to spend the night outside in the hammock. I lay my head on his chest as we rock back and forth listening to JJ's heart beat.

"what's going to happen after all of this?" I ask him. I know I want to be with JJ but after all this gold stuff is over is he going to want the same thing? Was this is a summer fling? I need to know how he feels.

"What do you mean" JJ says drawing shapes onto my back with his finger. I prop my chin on his chest so I can see his face.

"I mean after we find the gold, after summer?" I explain. He looks at me for a second before his eyes light up.

"Well we'll finsih highschool in outbanks, stay at the Chatuea. But once we're done we'll move" JJ explains with a smile on his face.

"Move where" I ask with a smile.

"Costa rica" When he says that my heart skips a beat. He remembers . What dad said that on the recording, he remembers.

"What about everyone else" I ask curious laying my head back on his chest as he continues to rub my back.

"Well we'll all move, get side by side houses on the beach." His smile gets bigger "Spend our days surfing, fishing and hanging out."

"That sounds great" I mumble into his chest.

"And then when we have kids well raise them to be the next pogues" JJ says. My eyes shoot open. My smile grows on my face bigger than I though possible.

"I like your plan" I say shutting my eyes and dosing off. Listening to the sounds of nature and JJ heartbeat.

~

"This better work" JJ says tossing me the gold.

"Oh it will" Kie says as I hand her the gold. She pulls out a blowtorch.

"Oooh can I use the blowtorch" I ask perking up.

"No" Everyone says at the same time.

"Why" I pout.

"Because I don't want our house to burn down" John b says. I groan before hopping up on the counter as Kie starts to melt the gold.

~

We park infront of a pawnshop with a sign in the window saying "we sell gold"

"great job melting it down dr. frankenstine" JJ says to Kie as we all climb out of the car.

"Like you could've done better" Kie replies.

"Yeah, I took welding" JJ says.

"Guys it's fine" John b says trying to stop their fighting.

"Easy for you to say, you don't have to pawn this off" JJ holds up the melted piece of gold that looked kind of like a lump. "How did I get this job anyway"

"Because you're the best liar" Pope says. JJ glares are him as the group walks in. JJ and I stay a little behind.

"It's because you have the cutest face" I say kissing his cheek. He smiles while grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. I try to let go and walk over to the group but JJ grips my hand.

"You have a cuter face" He winks. I groan before looking back at the group, they just shrug. 

"good morning ma'am" I say as the cahsier walks up to us.

"I see you buy gold" JJ says in which the women just looks up unamused.

"That's what the sign says don't it"

"well prepare to have your mind blown" JJ says

"Blown" I repeat putting my hands by my head acting like it blew up and make a boom sound. Kie snickers at me so I turn around and wink at her before turning back around.

"lets see what you got" The women says. JJ pulls the lump of gold out of his bag. She inspects it before looking back up at us. "That ain't real"

"that ain't real" JJ scoffs. "Lets get some light on that" 

"It's spray painted" She says after quickly shining the light on it.

"Feel how heavy" I smirk at her.

"See" JJ adds.

"try the acid test, It's my favorite!" I exclaim.

"Mine too" JJ says.

"It looks like someone tried to melt it down" She says after realizing it's real. I look at JJ not knowing what to say.

"My mom" JJ says. I catch on.

"Yeah she melted down all of her old jewlery" The women gives us a skeptical look.

"To be honest it was really hard to see my mom fall apart with alzhiemers" JJ looks down pretenting to be sad. I wrap my arm around him pretending to console him. The lady walks back in the back for a few minutes. 

"Okay I can go 50,000 tops" The lady says.

"Gre-" JJ clamps his hand over my mouth to stop me from talking.

"Ma'am I know this is worth 140,000 atleast" JJ says letting go of my mouth after I lick his hand. He gives me a look and rubs his hand on his pants. I just smile innocently.

"I go 70,00 half price, And I won't ask where you got it from" She says. I look at JJ and he nods.

"Deal"

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, make sure to vote and comment!