But to her surprise, Jennie's parents were smiling at her as if they didn't have the slightest clue to their relationship.

"Lisa? Jennie was looking for you." Susan greeted as she pulled Richard to stand up with her. "We'll leave you two to alone to talk now."

With that, before Jennie's father could say anything, Susan yanked him out of the room and shut the door.

The atmosphere somehow felt tense ever since she entered and she wondered why. Looking over to Jennie sitting up on the bed after her parents left, she saw Jennie's eyes water at the sight of her.

"Lisa." The brunette whined, spreading her arms, signalling Lisa to come to her.

Without hesitation, she paced to her bedside and hugged her, rubbing her back at the same time to comfort her although she didn't know what was going on.

"Baby, why are you crying?"

Jennie separated their embrace and pat Lisa to sit on the edge of the bed. But when the girl thought she was about to hear what was wrong that made her girlfriend cry, Jennie didn't say anything. Instead, she went silent.

"You have to talk to me and tell me why you passed out at least?" Lisa cooed, caressing her cheek softly.

"I can't."

Lisa stopped and stared into Jennie's eyes when the girl looked at her. She knew there was something Jennie was hiding, which was probably also the cause of her passing out.

And it wasn't that Jennie couldn't tell her, rather she didn't want to tell her. If Lisa found out that the store was shut down, Jennie was pretty sure she'll try all means to get it to reopen again. Although Kai already said it was permanently closed. And if Lisa found out Kai was the one behind it, Jennie wasn't sure if she'll be rational about it. Lisa might just find Kai and beat him up or something and Jennie didn't want violence to get involved.

"Did you tell your parents yet?"

"I didn't get the chance to." Jennie pouted. "They were rushing out in the morning and then I just ended up here."

"Okay, but can you at least tell me what's wrong? You don't look good right now. And you passing out made me worry while I was at work so the least you could do is reassure me."

"I'm really fine, don't worry about me." Jennie held Lisa's hand, "I'm discharging soon."

Lisa frowned, "That's not what I meant. Why can't you just tell me what happened?"

"I just-"

"I have the right to know too alright, I'm your girlfriend. Unless it's something extremely personal which I don't think it is." Lisa stared at Jennie expressionless but the latter just looked down and shook her head slightly.

"Fine then, since I see that you're alright I'm just going to leave cause you obviously don't want to talk to me." Lisa removed her hand from Jennie abruptly before forcing herself off the bed but when she turned to leave, she felt Jennie's slightly weak hand grab her wrist.

So she was just going to ignore the fact that I was literally dying out of worry for her when I heard she fainted? Lisa thought with a pained expression.