Marcus Rashford(2)

You were stood in the airport arrivals at two in the morning, dressed in a pair of grey jogging bottoms and a black hoodie, leaning on one of the pillars, waiting tiredly for Marcus to get back. He'd been on the preseason tour for three weeks now, leaving you by yourself with your growing baby bump. He was hesitant to leave but you'd reassured him by Face-timing every night and staying with his mum whilst he was gone. He still seemed on edge leaving you to deal with your pregnancy by yourself but you felt at ease, having his mum and brothers around. They tried to stop you from going to pick him up but you'd insisted, desperate to give him a hug and for him to have his hands back on his baby. They had finally relented but only on the condition that Dwayne went with you. He was stood next to you, yawning loudly occasionally but still energetic enough to turn to you excitedly every couple of minutes with a cute baby outfit or a nursery design.

His flight had just landed and you were getting increasingly more jittery, excited to see Marcus face-to-face and for him to hold him in your arms. You pushed your phone in your back pocket and pushed yourself up from the pillar, groaning as you did. You weren't even that far along, close to five months but your bump was still fairly visible. When Marcus had left, it was not visible but over the three weeks, your bump had become more prominent and you were excited for him to see it.

You got more excited as you saw some of Marcus' teammates coming out of the gate, greeting their family members and wandering out. A couple of them, like Jesse and Anthony, came over to see how you were getting on quickly, before heading home. You'd been watching the players come out for at least five minutes and turned to Dwayne in confusion. "Where is he?" You said before looking up to see him asleep against the pillar. You raised your eyebrows in confusion and went to turn back around to wait before your eyes were covered.

"Guess who!" You heard in your ears and you immediately knew, you immediately felt his familiar warm presence and could smell his familiar aftershave. You squealed and turned around, barreling him into a hug. He tightened his grip around you as he held you in his arms, breathing in your scent of home. As he pulled away, his hands went down to your baby bump and he slightly cradled it in his hands, rubbing it gently with his palm.  You felt your eyes fill with tears as you watched on, feeling your heart overflow with pride and joy. 

He looked up into your eyes, his eyes also a little glassy as he moved one of his hands to cup your jaw and gave you a long kiss, his other hand still on your stomach. He pulled away after a bit, pecking your forehead before reluctantly moving his hand off your stomach to give his brother a hug. He immediately came back to you and wrapped his arm around your waist, as you followed Dwayne out to the car park.

He offered to drive you both home, so you and Marcus sat in the back of the car, cuddled together. As soon as you'd driven out of the car park, you'd fallen asleep, leaning into Marcus' side as he wrapped his arm around you. Throughout the car journey, he talked quietly with his brother about his trip, whilst his hands stayed firmly on your stomach, loving the feel of it already.

Dwayne noticed his fascination with your baby bump immediately and started making fun of it. Marcus smiled tiredly, not even bothering to deny it. He thought it suited you and you could see the glow people had told him about, making you look even more irresistible in his view. He kept looking down at you during the conversation.

When you'd both got home, Dwayne immediately left the car and being too tired to go all the way upstairs, passed out on one of the sofas downstairs. Marcus stayed behind and quietly lifted you up in his arms, being very gentle with you. He left his suitcases in the hallway and carefully carried you up the stairs, being very careful to not wake you up. He took you to your shared bedroom and carefully tucked you into bed, giving you a quick kiss on the forehead, before he went to shower and change. He fell asleep, holding you tightly in his arm, with his hands protectively placed over his baby.