Daniel James

It was Derby day and you and a couple of friends were getting ready to go. As a birthday surprise, they'd just gotten you all front row seats so you'd be up and close to the action and you couldn't be more excited. Your good friend Melanie was Anthony Martial's wife so has gotten you good seats to watch the game together, sick of the quietness in the Friends and Family stand. You were probably the most die hard Manchester United fan out of your friends, so you rifled through all of the shirts you'd gotten over the years, trying to decide which one was most appropriate. You finally decided on the home shirt and pulled it on over your tank top, before grabbing a random pair of jeans to go with them.
When you all got to Old Trafford, you were in awe. Even though you'd been here before on multiple occasions, you still loved the atmosphere and the look. You were still relatively early so you all bought a couple small snacks and drinks, before heading to your seats, which were front row and close to a corner.
The first half was exhilarating, you knew Martial would score and that's what he did. You jumped up and down loudly, extremely proud and very patriotic of your team. When they came back out, you clapped and the adrenaline came back, as you were so excited for your team.
Throughout the game, Daniel James has multiple opportunities to get into the eighteen yard box but seemed too hesitant. A couple of times, he'd get the ball right in front of you and you'd shout a couple of words of encouragement in a bid to try and help. You thought he couldn't hear but when the ball went out of play, you didn't notice him looking at you, a smile threatening to come on his face, as he watched you laugh and mess around with your friends.
It was an incredible game for you, the players were playing decently for once so you knew Manchester would be red tonight. You'd be happy with a one nil win but in the 96th minute, Ederson threw the ball out... right into the path of McTominay, who stuck the ball in the net from a good forty yards away. You all jumped up and screamed, so happy pure tears of joy were brimming in your eyes. He slid over to your corner and celebrated with you all screaming and cheering for him. You and Melanie were jumping up and down, screaming, as she tried to balance her kid on one hip as you shook her in excitement.

"Go on lads!" You yelled and in the midst of the celebration, Daniel turned and looked you dead in the eye and winked. Your cheeks immediately reddened as Melanie laughed and you turned and hid your face in her shoulder. Her son had even begun to laugh at you, as he kept grasping at your hair. You moved your face away and he put his arms out to you and Melanie passed him over, as she excused herself to go to the bathroom. You both watched, as the last few minutes of the match were finished and you both clapped together, making his hands wave towards his dad, as the full-time whistle blew. The stadium was slowly clearing out but you didn't want to leave without Mel, so you stayed in your seats and started trying to shove all of your stuff back into your bag.

"Let me help you with that," you heard and turned to see Daniel James still on the pitch, but was jumping over the barricade and making his way towards you.

"Oh no, you don't have to, don't worry," he said as he smiled at you and started collecting all of the baby's toys for you.

"What if I want to help though?" He said as he smirked and your blush deepened as you tried to avoid his gaze.

"So...good game. You played very well," you said as you tried to put Swan down but he whined and you had to pick him back up. "Bloody hell, tight grip. Must be the French genes, my god." Daniel laughed at Swan whose little fists were tightly gripping your hair.

"I mean, for me, it was an alright game. Just wishing I could score, you know. It's been so long without a goal for me, I'm worried it'll hurt my career later on. But then if I put too much pressure on myself, I'm worried I won't perform well at all-"

"It's alright you know,"you said, as you gave him a friendly squeeze on the shoulder, interrupting his rant. "I bet you'll restart your goal scoring soon, you've got nothing to worry out." He smiled, truly appreciating your gesture.

"I actually came over here to ask if you wanted to go for a coffee with me? Like as a date?" You smiled as he looked incredibly awkward and adorable.

"I'd love to. Melanie's got my phone but here.." You grabbed one of Swan's felt tips and Daniel chuckled and held out his arm and you neatly scrawled your number on it, as he watched. "Text me whenever, I'll probably reply incredibly quickly."

He chuckled and surprised you by pulling you into a hug. "I like you, you're funny. I'll text you in a bit." You nodded, a small smile on your face as you watched him go back onto the pitch and wander out back to the dressing rooms.