61

There was about a month left of school and the excitement and nervousness was clear in Dylan and Liz's dorm; Dylan and Liz had been working on pieces for their graduating art show that was coming up very soon, both were working hard in their other classes to keep their GPA up to hold other offers from other schools and both, more silently, were wondering about what was to come after their last day of their undergrads.

Despite the wondering, they were both mostly excited for their upcoming art show. The graduating class got it every year, a chance to display your work for friends, family and sometimes even scouts to see. Every year there were a few people who were offered jobs right out of uni because of the show, so to say it was a big deal was an understatement.

Dylan wasn't too nervous about that though. Yeah, it'd be cool to have a job in the art field right out of school, but she wouldn't be upset if it didn't happen seeing as she had plans for the following year.

"Dyl, do you have anyone coming from Ohio for the gallery?" Liz asked her one day.

"My sister and her husband for sure. My parents haven't figured out work yet," she replied. "What about you?"

"Just friends from home....um, I was gonna ask, would they be allowed to stay here for a few days? Just on the couch? There's only three of them."

"Yeah, for sure. Jane and David booked a hotel already anyways. She said she didn't want to be throwing up in our bathroom," Dylan said with a laugh, earning a confused look from her roommate. "Pregnancy sickness."

"Oh, no shit! How far along is she?"

Dylan counted quietly on her fingers. "About five months."

"Oh, that's awesome. I'll be sure to congratulate them if I see them," Liz replied. "What about Roger? Is he coming?"

"I asked him, but I don't think it's happening. He said he'd try, but they're touring so..."

"Ohh, okay," Liz cut her off, feeling slightly awkward for bringing it up. "Oh, well, you can hang out with me and my friends, and your sister, I guess."

-

The days came and went faster than expected, and before the girls knew it they were putting up their works in their designated hallway and cleaning the sitting room for Liz's friends to live in for the next few days.

Jane and David arrived in California the fourth day of the two week gallery, and came everyday for the week that they were there. Their parents flew out just for the weekend as they couldn't get too much time off work, but Dylan was grateful either way.

It was always nice seeing them and it helped her feel less awkward just standing next to her work.

The one relief when her family wasn't there was the fact that her space was opposite to Liz, so she still always had a familiar face to talk to.

It was also a good distraction from the fact that Roger had never actually given her a firm answer as to whether or not he was coming.

Anytime it came up, he'd always say something along the lines of "I really want to, I'm just trying to figure it out with the shows and such."

Dylan completely understood that, he was a busy guy, and their day to day lives were very different from each other. It was just the fact that she never got a clear yes or no from him, though she figured it was a no when the gallery started and he still hadn't told her a straight answer.

Despite that being on her mind, she still made an effort to enjoy herself and talk to whoever she could. She'd worked hard the last four years, and it all led up to that graduating 'project'.