57

"You're packing your stuff already?"

"What do you mean already? I've held off as long I can. My flight is tomorrow."

"Ugh, don't remind me," Roger groaned, falling back across his bed next to his girlfriend's suitcase.

It was her last full day with him in England before heading back home for school.

Neither of them were eager for Dylan to leave, hence why she hadn't started packing her things until the day before, but upon realizing just how much space she'd taken up in Roger's room and apartment, she figured she should start, that it would make it less likely for her to leave something behind.

Roger wasn't a fan of her plan, which was why he was sneakily taking things out of her bag and tossing them somewhere else when she wasn't looking.

If it wasn't for the fact that she had school, he would've just refused to take her to the airport to the next day.

"As...sweet as that is," she began with a laugh when he told her that. "I'm still gonna need to get there."

"What if i don't wake up on time?" He asked. "Or the car won't start?"

"I'm sure I could call a taxi, Rog."

"Wow. You really wanna get away, huh?"

"No-"

"You're just that sick of me?"

"Oh, definitely," she agreed sarcastically, earning a scoff and a pillow to the arm in response, the both of them erupting into laughter.

"I'm gonna miss you," he said once they both calmed down.

"Oh, Rog, don't start with that now," she said with a light laugh.

"I will though!" He exclaimed. "Even though you sometimes almost burn the place down and use all the covers."

"I do not!" She defended.

"Then why am I always shivering in my sleep?"

"If you're sleeping, how would you know?"

"Okay, fair point," he gave in, the both of them erupting into laughter again. "Let's do something today. To send you off."

"What? A going away party?" She joked. "You that excited for me to leave?"

"Well-"

"Hey!"

"I'm kidding!"

"Sure you are."

"Seriously though," he said. "Let's do something. You pick."

"I don't know. What do you recommend?"

"What do I look like? A tour guide?" He shot back.

"You're the one that knows the area!" She laughed.

He laughed with her and thought about it for a little bit before replying.

"There's a park not too far from here that has cool Christmas lights," he told her. "Freddie told me he and Mary went just the other day, so they're still up. We could do that if you'd like."

"That sounds fun! My sister and I used to go to the rich neighbourhoods and look at their lights when we were younger."

"Sounds like a plan then," he replied. "Dress warm though. Gets pretty nippy."

"Will do."

"We can go get something to eat before as well if you'd like."

"That's just a given," she replied with a laugh.