20

"You made it!" Roger practically screamed into Dylan's ear, making her laugh.

"I told you I would!" She said before he pulled her into a hug.

"Nice seeing you again," he said.

"You too!"

John and Grace just watched it go down, giving each other knowing looks as it did.

"I'm John," he told her with a smile.

"Grace," she smiled back. "You knew about this?"

"Didn't have a choice in knowing about it seeing as he never shut up about it," he answered, making them both laugh.

"Grace! Meet Roger," Dylan exclaimed, interrupting their little conversation. "Roger, this is my best friend, Grace."

"Nice meeting you," they said in unison as they shook hands.

"And I guess you two have already met," Roger said, gesturing between Grace and John, who just nodded in response.

"Well, go ahead and talk," John said to Roger. "You've been waiting long enough."

Grace just gave Dylan a wink indicating she'd be fine for a bit while they caught up.

And with that the group was walking down the hall in pairs; Roger and Dylan talking excitedly in front, with John and Grace following behind, and making little comments about their friends to each other the whole time.

"How are you? Was your flight okay?" Roger asked her.

"Good and good," she replied. "Just got in this morning. Now I'm here."

"Wow. Look at you. You're travelling like us now," he joked. "You look great!"

"Thank you," she said with a nervous laugh as she looked at the ground.

"Not even five minutes and I've already got you flustered," he said.

"Oh, shut it, Taylor," she replied, making them both laugh.

"C'mon, you can say hi to the boys before the show starts," he said as he led the way through the dressing room door.

"Boys!" He exclaimed as he walked in.

"Where the hell did you go? We've been looking for you!" Brian said as soon as the door opened.

"Shut up," Roger said to Brian. "Look who's here!"

Freddie popped his head around a wall, eyes lighting up at the sight of Roger and Dylan.

"Hello, dear!" He yelled out.

And just like that, everyone started talking like they'd known each other their whole lives.

A lot of it was just them getting to know each other; how old are you, where are you from, stuff like that.

Even more of it was the other members of Queen plus Grace cracking jokes about Dylan and Roger.

Once everyone was busy in their own conversations, Roger leaned over to whisper to Dylan.

"Wanna see the stage?" He asked her.

She nodded happily in response and they both stood up to make their way out.

Dylan tapped Grace (who was still in conversation with John) on the shoulder to let her know she was going, also asking her if she'd be alright for a little bit on her own.

"Oh, im alright, my friend," Grace whispered to her, giving a slight nod towards John, making Dylan just laugh and roll her eyes before following Roger out.

-

"...That's where I keep the extra sticks. And those are the beers I pour on the floor toms," he showed her excitedly. Like a little kid showing his parents something he was super proud of.

"There's the cable John trips on sometimes," he pointed out on the ground, making her laugh.

"That's really cool, Roger," she told him.

"Here, I'll show you where Freddie keeps his extra clothes," he said, grabbing her hand and leading her to the side of the stage the audience couldn't see, which was lined up with towels, water bottles, and like he said, Freddie's costume changes.

She didn't say anything. Just admired the chaos of everything in silence.

"Cool, huh?" He said, leaning against the wall with one shoulder to face her, the hand further from the wall still connected with hers. 

"Very," she smiled, something she seemed to be doing a lot more since she had gotten there.

"Not too shabby for a couple of English kids," he joked.

"You guys deserve it," she told him truthfully.

"Aw, shucks," he said with a light laugh. "I'm happy you're here."

"You sap," she joked, earning a scoff from Roger. "I'm kidding. I'm happy to be here too. What are you guys playing tonight?"

"Ruins the concert experience if I tell you, doesn't it?"

"Well, I already haven't had the ordinary fan experience seeing as I'm standing here in the wings with you."

"You're welcome to go stand in that line outside," he joked.

"Hey, I wasn't complaining," she defended. "Just stating a fact."

"Yeah, yeah," he mocked. "I'm still not telling you the set list."

"What's the point in hanging out with you then?"

"You'll get to hear it soon enough," he told her.

"Alright, alright."

Not long after Roger was being called back to the dressing room with the boys so they could gather their stuff for the show.

About five minutes before it began, the boys had a security guard guide the girls to the front pit of the stage. It was sectioned off from the rest of the crowd so it wasn't as busy - just a few photographers and the girls were in there.

"Break legs!" The girls said to them as they began walking out with the guard.

"I'll see you after the show, yeah?" Roger asked Dylan, quietly enough so the others wouldn't hear.

Not that they all couldn't see them talking. And how infatuated he looked as he did.

"Yep," she replied happily.

"Can I still take you out afterwards?" He asked, seeming more nervous than before.

"Of course," she smiled. "Have fun!"

"Will do," he said, giving her a wink before she turned to walk out with Grace (who was already giving Dylan knowing looks).

"Try not to drool on your kit while we're out there," Freddie said to Roger once he turned back to the group.

A/N: enjoy this somewhat short & boring chapter hahaha