59

Dylan's first week back at school went just as boring as she'd anticipated - possibly even more boring.

Her and Liz's new class schedules didn't coincide at all during the week, so the most they'd seen each other was move in day and in passing, when one girl would be leaving for class, the other would be returning.

It wasn't until Saturday night when Dylan got home from work that they actually had a chance to catch up and just hang out.

Dylan was welcomed to their dorm by the loud sound of A Night at the Opera being played.

"Liz!" She called into the room, quickly going to turn down the volume in fear of getting a noise warning.

"Hey, why'd you turn it down?" Liz whined as she came out from her room.

"Because if I can hear it down the hall, so can everyone else," Dylan replied, earning a laugh.

"Ugh, you're no fun," Liz joked. "When did you get it?"

"Get what?"

"That album. It was sold out everywhere near here. I still haven't gotten my hands on a copy," Liz replied, sitting at the kitchen table while Dylan poured herself some cereal.

"Oh, I can ask Roger to send one if you want," Dylan said absentmindedly.

"Who the hell is Roger?"

"...the drummer?" Dylan said like it was obvious.

"Of Queen?"

"That's the band we're talking about, yeah?"

"And how exactly are you gonna go about doing that?" Liz joked. "I'm sure their fan mail address is a bit busy."

"I'll just call him later, it's fine," Dylan shrugged. "He sent me that one because I couldn't find it."

It was quiet for a few seconds while Liz tried to figure out what in the world her roommate was going on about.

"Roger Taylor, from Queen, sent you that?" She questioned, very confused when Dylan nodded.

"I didn't ask him, I just mentioned that it was sold out here and he sent it. Even though I told him I wanted to support him and the guys."

"Since when are you friends with Roger Taylor?" Liz asked, and that was when Dylan realized the conversation they'd just had.

Her silence and bugged out eyes was a dead giveaway to Liz.

"You're dating Roger Taylor?!" Liz practically screamed.

"Keep your voice down!"

"Are you?"

"Yeah."

"I fucking knew it."

"How did you know it?"

"Well...Okay not really," Liz said, earning a laugh. "But over the break, I saw a magazine with a bunch of paparazzi photos of Roger with a girl, and I remember thinking, 'hey, that girl looks like Dyl' and then I thought 'imagine if that is Dyl and that's why she's never told me who she's dating'."

"Great job, Detective," Dylan joked.

"I didn't think it was actually true!" Liz exclaimed with a laugh. "So, that's who you're always on the phone with? And who sent you stuff on your birthday?"

Dylan just nodded in response.

"So, that's why you went to England during the break!" Liz said excitedly.

"Hey, there wasn't any reason to be suspicious about that! I could've gone to see anyone," Dylan defended with a laugh.

"I know, but I could've sworn you'd told me you were from Ohio."

"Well, you were right."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Liz asked, still playful but a bit more serious. "Actually, im wondering how you managed to keep that that long."

"I don't know, I thought you'd treat me weird - be my friend just to get to him or just flat out dislike me for it," Dylan admitted with an awkward laugh.

"Oh, please, I would never."

"So you're not mad?"

"Mad? Why would I be mad?"

Dylan shrugged. "I don't know. Because I kept it from you?"

"Oh please," Liz scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I'm more bugged you didn't let me gossip about this with you!"

"Well, now you can, so have fun," Dylan laughed, just as the phone rang.

"Oh, I will. Just you wait," Liz replied as she made her way over to answer the phone.

Dylan just ate her cereal in the kitchen while Liz talked on the phone, trying her best to not listen in on the conversation.

"So, im sorry to cut this short," Liz said nervously as she made her way back to where Dylan was sitting. "But my friend just called me-"

"Just a friend, huh?" Dylan questioned, smiling to herself when she noticed the pink tint on her friend's face.

"As of right now, yes," Liz confirmed.

"Don't worry about it," Dylan said, giving her a shit eating grin before speaking again. "I'll be here to interrogate you when you get back."

"Good because I'll be interrogating you as well," Liz laughed as she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her purse. "See ya later, Dyl."

"See ya," Dylan replied and with the slam of the door, she had the place to herself. Too bad she didn't really know anyone to invite over.

Dylan had been pacing aimlessly around the dorm thinking of something to do when finally a phone call from Roger interrupted her thoughts.

Dylan didn't really have much to tell Roger aside from her having told Liz about them, but Roger being in the studio recording all the time, had lots of stories for her - be it funny or him just bitching about the boys.

A/N: holyyyy long time no update! I know it's been a while but I have a good reason - I was preparing my portfolio for the school I'm applying to and it's really competitive so I had no free time.
I apologize for the wait and that this chapter is kind of boring, but I hope it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Thanks for all the support on the book and for 50k+ reads! That's insane! I really appreciate it:)