30

Dylan had only talked to her family twice while she was on the road with Queen; on Mother's Day, and now again, a month later, on Father's Day.

She had originally planned on phoning more often, but after Mother's Day (which was not long after she'd left), she knew her sister would have spilled the beans about where she was to their parents, and because she wasn't often in the mood to be interrogated by her parents (especially when it came to boys), she hadn't phoned again until a month later.

She had used the pay phone outside of the venue they were at that night so, thankfully, no one was around to try and listen in.

And by no one, she only meant Roger.

And it was a good thing she did that too because after a short catch up with her dad after wishing him a happy Father's Day, her mom got on the phone to talk to her and that (as Dylan had guessed) turned into gossip.

"Jane tells me you've met someone," her mom said.

"God, you say that as if I'm getting married," Dylan joked. "It's only been a month, mom."

"Only a month? Jane said you guys met before Christmas."

"We did," Dylan confirmed. "We only started dating a month ago."

"Ahh, that's not what I heard from your sister."

"Jane is dramatic and gets over excited, you know that."

"You're right, you're right," her mom laughed. "What I didn't hear from your sister is who this guy is. Care to share?"

"She actually didn't tell you?" Dylan asked. "I'm surprised. She's such a loudmouth usually."

"Dylan..." her mother scolded, though she couldn't not agree with her.

"I'm right and you know it," Dylan said with a laugh.

"Well, am I gonna find out anytime soon or do I have to wait until you bring him over?"

"Since when am I bringing him over?"

"Hopefully after you tell me who he is," her mom said. "I'd like to at least know this guy's name before I meet him."

Dylan rolled her eyes and let out a laugh before replying.

"It's Roger," Dylan said. "We met when his band was in LA a while ago and-"

"Oh, yeah, Jane mentioned he was in a band!" Her mom cut her off. "Wouldn't tell me which one though."

"I get the hint, mom," Dylan said making them both laugh. "You know the band Queen?"

"You're joking," her mom said with a laugh. "Come on, tell me."

"No, mom, I'm dead serious," Dylan laughed. "Ask Jane, she knows."

"Ed!" Dylan heard her mom calling her dad. "Do you know the band Queen?"

Oh, god...

"Yeah I do. Why?" Her dad replied.

"Dyl is dating them," her mom said happily.

"The whole band?" She heard her dad say, and she could already picture his face.

"No!" Dylan responded, even though he couldn't hear her.

"No, dear, the one named Roger," her mom corrected.

"Roger Taylor?" She heard her dad say. "The drummer?"

"Dyl, does he play drums?" Her mom asked her.

"Yes," Dylan confirmed. "Put me on speakerphone so I can talk to both of you."