4

Roger felt quite relieved when Dylan's letter finally arrived in the mail. He'd been so nervous about it ending up at the wrong place or her just not replying at all.

And the boys had been teasing him about sending the letter and he wanted to prove them wrong.

As soon as he finished reading hers, he began writing his response.

Dylan,

I can't tell you how relieved, and surprised honestly, I am that that letter got to the right person (unless of course you're not Dylan and you're just messing with me. In which case, not cool)

Also, thank you for including your number and address. Definitely makes my life a bit easier.

Speaking of phone numbers...if you had mine, how come you didn't call? Haha!

Recording an album usually takes us a few months (we're still quite new to it) but it usually isn't released until at least another six months after that (it took a whole year after we finished recording the first album before it was finally released!) Hopefully this next one does not take that long.

I don't know how popular the first album is in the U.S, so if you're unable to find it, just let me know and I'll send you a copy! I'll even be as generous as to sign it for you ;)

The songs we have written for this next album I'm really quite excited about! We've recorded a few so far-one of which we're planning on releasing as a single! I don't know if I'm allowed to say the name, but it's called Killer Queen. Freddie wrote it and it's great!

Since you've been listening to the album more, I'd like to finally know what your favourite songs on it are! (And if/when you listen to the first album, your favourites for that one too!)

I just realized. I never asked you what you're studying. What are you studying in school?

I went to London University and got my Bachelor of Science in Biology (so fun and useful, i know)

I also wanted to ask, how fun is it living in Los Angeles? I found that it was quite a fun area with lots to do, but maybe that's just because I was a tourist (and you were fun to talk to!)

Well, Freddie is beeping his horn outside my flat meaning it's time for me to go. Hope to hear from you soon!

-Roger

***

Roger,

I'm not messing with you, it's the actual Dylan. Don't really know how to prove that, but trust me. It is.

The thing about not calling you is...okay it sounds silly now that I have to explain it, but basically I figured I'd leave it up to you if you actually wanted to continue talking or not. Sorry!

I also hope it doesn't take a year for your next album to come out. I did end up finding your first album (so no need to mail me one) and I've listened to it, and the second one, practically to death. I'm surprised my roommate hasn't said anything about it yet. Hopefully I get to hear that single sometime in the near future, I'm in need of new music.

My favorite songs off the first album are probably Liar, Keep Yourself Alive and Doing Alright. My faves from the second...I don't know if I have any. They're all so good!

I do have a bit of a thing for March of the Black Queen and The Loser in the End. Not too sure why. Anyways, both the albums are great! Congratulations to you and the rest of the band.

I'm studying for a major in art and a minor in English. Not sure why I picked English as a minor, as I hate it as a school class, but that's besides the point. My goal is to either do something with art or go to law school (very different, I know, but both very interesting to me).

Wow. A Bachelor of Science? In biology? I've got to be honest, I never pegged you as a science nerd.

Don't take offence to that- I might as well be on another planet when it comes to science. Only took it when I had to (grade 10) and I had no clue what was going on once. Just barely passed the course and I was trying my very best.  (I'm sharing this because I think it's funny. Please don't make fun)

Los Angeles is quite fun. I always liked visiting here in high school and I always wanted to live here so I'm very happy now that I am. Ill be honest though, i don't have a ton of friends that go to my university, or live in this area in general, so I don't really go out and party like everyone expects uni kids to do. I do like going to the beach though, and walking along Hollywood Blvd!

Was I fun to talk to though? I feel like I barely spoke. (Or maybe you're just trying to be a smooth talker, in which case, cut it out)

What's it like in England? Is it fun? I've never been (well, technically when I was about two years old, our flight to Italy had a layover at Heathrow...I don't think that counts though haha!)

I don't have much else to share so I'll end this here. Good luck with the album :)

-Dyl